I'm new.. can someone please explain this for me..?

Discuss music production with Ableton Live.
divonic

Post by divonic » Thu Aug 11, 2005 5:21 pm

I usually start in session view and make midi tracks for VSTs and external stuff and then audio tracks for loops that I already have. after I get something that I like, I save the project as just a session and then I record all the external stuff into live and record the VST's to audio in each track. then use the arranger record button and record a quick session where I trigger each of the clips I plan on using. then I do the arranging in the arrange view.

You can also just grab a wav file and drag it into the arrange view directly putting it into an existing track/channel (if you put it in the blank area at the bottom it will make a new track/channel)

once I have the clips and track I want then I drag, copy and streach the bars in the arange view to make a song.

Idonotlikebroccoli

Post by Idonotlikebroccoli » Thu Aug 11, 2005 5:26 pm

Erhm..wasn't that easy after all. Ok, I've made two different one bar midi clips on channel two. What I've done is that I've made two different simple melodies ad dragged them onto the arrangement view. What's weird though, is that either, only one of the melodies are played or no sound comes at all. This isn't some stupid thing that's only included in the full version, is it?

Idonotlikebroccoli

Post by Idonotlikebroccoli » Thu Aug 11, 2005 5:56 pm

ok, I manage to do it with audio.. easy... but if I start with multiple MIDI sequences on one channel, all that's being played is that :s

Idonotlikebroccoli

Post by Idonotlikebroccoli » Thu Aug 11, 2005 7:50 pm

Anyone? Sorry if I seem all childish with my "please-please-please! way, but the topic's falling further and further down :P