Reaktor...

Discuss music production with Ableton Live.
Airbase

Reaktor...

Post by Airbase » Mon Aug 15, 2005 1:59 pm

...seem to be a really cool plugin (Especially the EI 2-part). But the documentation for this software is crap. Is there some third party "Learn Reaktor" manual or guide, book or vid, or anything, to atleast get started with it? Because I'm totally clueless once its launched :)

// Jezper
Long Live Live.

Per Boysen

Post by Per Boysen » Mon Aug 15, 2005 2:19 pm

Hang out for a while at the NI Reaktor forum and you will learn.
Greetings from Sweden

Per Boysen
http://www.perboysen.com

Michael-SW

Post by Michael-SW » Mon Aug 15, 2005 4:44 pm

Reaktor comes with numerous manuals.

A good starting point would be the one that describes the various instruments that come pre made with Reaktor. They all have quick start sections, suggestions for tweaking etc. That will get you started making weird noises in no time at all.

The in depth reference manual has a couple of instrument building tutorials too.

The demo version comes with a quick start manual.

noisetonepause

Post by noisetonepause » Mon Aug 15, 2005 5:24 pm

Get your hacksaw out and be prepared to spend a bit of time with it. Try tkaing bits of ensembles and stick them together in new ways... and such. Hack. That's the best way to learn.

Hervé

Post by Hervé » Mon Aug 15, 2005 6:23 pm

Try this link, very usefull. It's made by one of the moderator of the NI forum. http://www.semaforte.com/reaktor/faq.htm

sniffio

Post by sniffio » Mon Aug 15, 2005 10:28 pm

I'm a heavy user of maxmsp4.5.5.

Can anyone notify me the difference between Reaktor ?

My only vision is that Reaktor is dedicated for audio-use, and for that it is made simpler than maxmsp.

& lots of already made-instruments(reaktor).

thx

ben_blue

Post by ben_blue » Mon Aug 15, 2005 11:09 pm

the manuals coming with Reaktor are MORE than enough!
unless for some reason, someone wouldnt have those...and they were looking only on their machine.... 8O

Electronic Instruments 2 XT does come with all PDF's.

EI2 XT, btw, highly recommended for anyone interested in just those 7 kick ass ensembles...
my favorites at the moment: MASSIVE. FM8. LIVE 6. Bome's Pro. KORE.

moneyclip

Post by moneyclip » Tue Aug 16, 2005 1:31 am

I'm going to suggest taking a look at the Max/MSP documentation. You can download it with out owning the software and many MSP objects are similar in function as Reaktor modules. The Max/MSP documentation goes into a good amount of detail as to how certain objects are useful where as Reaktor mainly seams to offer only a factual distcription to its modules characteristics. it's definitely worth taking a look at. It's helped me understand many things that i can now put to use in building reaktor ensembles.

Anubis

Post by Anubis » Tue Aug 16, 2005 5:08 am

ben_blue wrote:EI2 XT, btw, highly recommended for anyone interested in just those 7 kick ass ensembles...
I second that emotion. For as little as $129 you can own a kick-ass, suite of modules that run the same way that they do in Reaktor 5. Same core technology at a fraction of the price. The only disappointment is the skimpy(think TV guide) manual that it brings.
9.0.4 Suite-Samsung Chronos 7 laptop(17")-12GB RAM-Samsung 840 series SSD(250GB)-iPad2-Maschine-TouchAble-SaffirePro24-Saffire6USB-Komplete Audio 6-Axiom25-PCR300-Nocturn-LaunchPad-QuNeo-QuNexus
miTunes