Is there a place with Live 5 changes are summarized?

Discuss music production with Ableton Live.
rasputin

Is there a place with Live 5 changes are summarized?

Post by rasputin » Mon Aug 15, 2005 6:15 pm

The usual apologies if this has been gone over many times--if so please just kindly point me there.

I keep bumping my nose on things in 5 that don't work like they did in 4. I'm not referring to new features, of course, just things in the gui or viewing that work differently. Some I can figure out without too much trouble (like how to audition in the MIDI clip view) but some I can't.

For instance, I wanted to do a Ctrl+Alt+P do expand the mixers in the session view like you used to be able to and it appears that feature has disappeared.

All info is welcome...

Machinate

Post by Machinate » Mon Aug 15, 2005 7:48 pm

you want to reveal the faders? That's ctrl+alt+m (for mixers)
mbp 2.66, osx 10.6.8, 8GB ram.

djastroboy

Post by djastroboy » Mon Aug 15, 2005 8:41 pm

There's a section right at the beginning of the manual that purports to give the changes. Listed as page 2 in the pdf, acrobat says it's page 4.
It's nicely hyperlinked to the appropriate sections too.

rasputin

Post by rasputin » Mon Aug 15, 2005 8:52 pm

Machinate wrote:you want to reveal the faders? That's ctrl+alt+m (for mixers)
No, this is slightly different. In the the Live 4 (EN) PDF section on keyboard shortcuts (p. 277) CTRL-ALT-P is for Hide/Show Clips. In that version, when you hid the clips, the faders became about 75% taller--very handy in some situations. Can't understand why they removed that.
The Live 5 manual section on new features is very handy; but it seems to omit some things that were changed from 4.

Nod

Post by Nod » Tue Aug 16, 2005 2:09 am

rasputin wrote: No, this is slightly different. In the the Live 4 (EN) PDF section on keyboard shortcuts (p. 277) CTRL-ALT-P is for Hide/Show Clips. In that version, when you hid the clips, the faders became about 75% taller--very handy in some situations. Can't understand why they removed that.
Seconded! Thought I was the only one that thought the new 'minimised' faders weren't all that helpful - esp if your using Live as a DAW with 40+ tracks and not viewing clips it'd be nice to have an 'extended mixer view' ie longer fader throws as in v4.

amo

Post by amo » Tue Aug 16, 2005 7:28 am

Nod wrote:
rasputin wrote: No, this is slightly different. In the the Live 4 (EN) PDF section on keyboard shortcuts (p. 277) CTRL-ALT-P is for Hide/Show Clips. In that version, when you hid the clips, the faders became about 75% taller--very handy in some situations. Can't understand why they removed that.
Seconded! Thought I was the only one that thought the new 'minimised' faders weren't all that helpful - esp if your using Live as a DAW with 40+ tracks and not viewing clips it'd be nice to have an 'extended mixer view' ie longer fader throws as in v4.
Oh yeah, so true !
Cheers,
amo
Live 5.0.3 - IBM Thinkpad R51 1.5ghz Centrino - 1,5 Go RAM - 7200 RPM 2nd HDD intern - RME Multiface - Windows XP Pro SP2

Meef Chaloin

Post by Meef Chaloin » Tue Aug 16, 2005 9:47 am

just seeing the mixer when you're not in session view would be good.