who still use live4 ??

Discuss music production with Ableton Live.
Komplex

Post by Komplex » Wed Sep 14, 2005 2:00 pm

still on Live 4... LOVE IT :)

Mbazzy

Post by Mbazzy » Wed Sep 14, 2005 2:49 pm

L.3,X here ...
http://www.mbazzy.tk -
Mbazzy's "The dysfunctional playground, a scrapbook a bout the shape of useless things" now OUT on Retinascan - http://www.retinascan.de

Chris J

Post by Chris J » Wed Sep 14, 2005 4:00 pm

controlvoltage wrote: ChrisJ, what's "the Dot?"
The dot. The orange dot. The fucking orange dot. That thing that turned live into a fucking mess for me.
Some people are happy with it. It really depends on the use you make of live.

Try the demo you'll soon find out in what category you stand
Quad 6600 Intel, AsusP5Q, 2Gb ram, XP sp3, Evolution MK361c & UC33e, Line6 UX8

divonic

Post by divonic » Wed Sep 14, 2005 5:20 pm

Chris J wrote:
controlvoltage wrote: ChrisJ, what's "the Dot?"
The dot. The orange dot. The fucking orange dot. That thing that turned live into a fucking mess for me.
Some people are happy with it. It really depends on the use you make of live.

Try the demo you'll soon find out in what category you stand
More important than the color of the dot is what it does. What does it do? What is it susposed to do? If it really depends on the use I make of Live which use will effect me?

I'm still using 4. I'm happy with it. The only thing I'm really looking forward to in 5 is the fact that it saves individule tracks. The other stuff while cool is just a bonus.

Chris J

Post by Chris J » Wed Sep 14, 2005 5:26 pm

divonic wrote: More important than the color of the dot is what it does. What does it do? What is it susposed to do? If it really depends on the use I make of Live which use will effect me?
what it does ? fuck things up
What is it suposed to do? fuck knows. Even Ableton hasn't been able to answer this one.

which use will affect me? warping, changing order of scenes, copy/paste clips, capture and insert scenes, stop clips. If you're used to do that in L4 you're in for a brand new world in L5. A world of confusion and cursing

WaveRider

Post by WaveRider » Wed Sep 14, 2005 6:50 pm

Still using 4.1.4, never trusted Ableton for a stable 5 before long.

I will upgrade with the next release, but will evaluate stability before using it for real.

Except for PDC, V5 hasn`t solved my issues much, (access to the 128 first parameters only for VST`s, and auto-oscillationg parameters in VST`s that messes the undo).

The added features of V5 are cool, hope they will produce a rock solid version soon.

I think they where due for V4.5 with PDC and fulll VST compatibility, and debug the new stuff for V5. But no, they went for the money.

Still, Live 4 is the best tool available for me....

Chris J

Post by Chris J » Thu Sep 15, 2005 9:46 am

Chris J wrote:
divonic wrote: More important than the color of the dot is what it does. What does it do? What is it susposed to do? If it really depends on the use I make of Live which use will effect me?
what it does ? fuck things up
What is it suposed to do? fuck knows. Even Ableton hasn't been able to answer this one.

which use will affect me? warping, changing order of scenes, copy/paste clips, capture and insert scenes, stop clips. If you're used to do that in L4 you're in for a brand new world in L5. A world of confusion and cursing
I forgot to mention triggering clips in legato mode is great fun now, thanks to the FODot

enzymex

Post by enzymex » Thu Oct 13, 2005 7:12 am

I upgraded to 5 but Sampletank 2 crashes Live after a few minutes, so I can't use it.

I use live 4.0.4 for old stuff, and Project 5 for new stuff requiring freeze, delay compensation, and use of Sampletank 1 and 2.

chris vine

Post by chris vine » Thu Oct 13, 2005 11:48 am

Still with 4.0.3.

I bought the upgrade, but am still using a set created in 4 in a show.

Waiting until 5 is more stable.