Need an online Computer store in Europe!!!!

Discussion of music production, audio, equipment and any related topics, either with or without Ableton Live
Post Reply
eskay
Posts: 31
Joined: Sat Jul 30, 2005 4:22 pm
Location: Athens,Greece/New York, USA
Contact:

Need an online Computer store in Europe!!!!

Post by eskay » Sun Aug 21, 2005 3:05 pm

Can somebody recommend an online retail store in Europe where I can order hard drives and computer parts. I would prefer it is in Euros versus Pounds. I"m currently in Greece for a project and would like to order some parts.
Many thanks.

:roll:
eskay.
"Computer don't create horrible music.....humans do."

sweetjesus
Posts: 8803
Joined: Wed Mar 31, 2004 3:12 pm
Location: www.fridge.net.au
Contact:

Post by sweetjesus » Sun Aug 21, 2005 3:46 pm

not the answer u need, but seriously try google...

eskay
Posts: 31
Joined: Sat Jul 30, 2005 4:22 pm
Location: Athens,Greece/New York, USA
Contact:

Post by eskay » Sun Aug 21, 2005 6:09 pm

thanxs for that amazing advice bro.....................................


8O 8O 8O
"Computer don't create horrible music.....humans do."

Michael-SW
Posts: 2054
Joined: Sat Apr 30, 2005 4:05 pm
Location: Stockholm, Sweden

Post by Michael-SW » Sun Aug 21, 2005 6:58 pm

Can't you just go to a local computer hardware store? Any city in europe over a certain size must have them. How about asking some locals?

30 secs of googling gave me this listing of greek computer stores:

http://www.phantis.com/computers/listin ... OB4G8ALSER

Angstrom
Posts: 14745
Joined: Mon Oct 04, 2004 2:22 pm
Contact:

Post by Angstrom » Sun Aug 21, 2005 8:03 pm

I have used these guys quite a bit

http://www.komplett.com/

but they are mainly northern europe (norwegian company I think)

eskay
Posts: 31
Joined: Sat Jul 30, 2005 4:22 pm
Location: Athens,Greece/New York, USA
Contact:

Post by eskay » Sun Aug 21, 2005 9:47 pm

Michael-SW wrote:Can't you just go to a local computer hardware store? Any city in europe over a certain size must have them. How about asking some locals?

30 secs of googling gave me this listing of greek computer stores:

http://www.phantis.com/computers/listin ... OB4G8ALSER
There's a valid reason why I want to use an online store which I don't have to explain to you.
The prices in Greece are pretty expensive, and I googled before I asked the question. None of the store's here were able to meet my needs.
I asked because it's better to hear from people and their experiences.
People have just been drinking the "smartass" juice on these forums I guess......
"Computer don't create horrible music.....humans do."

Michael-SW
Posts: 2054
Joined: Sat Apr 30, 2005 4:05 pm
Location: Stockholm, Sweden

Post by Michael-SW » Sun Aug 21, 2005 10:26 pm

Well asshole, another 30 seconds of Googling gave me this list of european computer hardware vendors:

http://www.madparrot.com/computers/

But they probably won't have your special secret parts either.

rikhyray
Posts: 3644
Joined: Wed Aug 25, 2004 12:13 pm
Contact:

Post by rikhyray » Mon Aug 22, 2005 12:06 am

Norsk-IT from Norway, they have some bad reputation in Germany, complains that they take long to to deliver etc. I can speak for myself only, got the Hitachi 7K 60 G for 130 Euros, fast delivery, no problems at all. maybe people are too stupid to use the online store If you fil up the forms right, the delivery is quick, it all goes automatic, but if you mess it up they have to check it by hand and might take long.

sweetjesus
Posts: 8803
Joined: Wed Mar 31, 2004 3:12 pm
Location: www.fridge.net.au
Contact:

Post by sweetjesus » Mon Aug 22, 2005 4:12 am

eskay wrote:
Michael-SW wrote:Can't you just go to a local computer hardware store? Any city in europe over a certain size must have them. How about asking some locals?

30 secs of googling gave me this listing of greek computer stores:

http://www.phantis.com/computers/listin ... OB4G8ALSER
There's a valid reason why I want to use an online store which I don't have to explain to you.
The prices in Greece are pretty expensive, and I googled before I asked the question. None of the store's here were able to meet my needs.
I asked because it's better to hear from people and their experiences.
People have just been drinking the "smartass" juice on these forums I guess......

Through my career, I've often had to deal with people who are new to computing etc and I try and help them help themselves as opposed to finding quick answer which they will probably forget anyways.

So if you think I'm being a smartass, then you need to take some valium.

Chris J
Posts: 1353
Joined: Wed Aug 04, 2004 5:24 pm

Post by Chris J » Mon Aug 22, 2005 9:00 am

Michael-SW wrote:Well asshole,
where are your table manners :roll:
Quad 6600 Intel, AsusP5Q, 2Gb ram, XP sp3, Evolution MK361c & UC33e, Line6 UX8

Michael-SW
Posts: 2054
Joined: Sat Apr 30, 2005 4:05 pm
Location: Stockholm, Sweden

Post by Michael-SW » Mon Aug 22, 2005 9:47 am

Yeah, sorry for that.

Got a bit pissed off by the "There's a valid reason why I want to use an online store which I don't have to explain to you. " and "People have just been drinking the "smartass" juice on these forums I guess......" when I tried to help.

noisetonepause
Posts: 4935
Joined: Sat Dec 28, 2002 3:38 pm
Location: Second row from the expensive puddle, under ten others

Post by noisetonepause » Mon Aug 22, 2005 9:48 am

I think calling this guy 'arsehole' is too mild. Personally I'd call him a 'dumb cunt', as that just rolls off the tongue in a most appealing manner.

Chris J
Posts: 1353
Joined: Wed Aug 04, 2004 5:24 pm

Post by Chris J » Mon Aug 22, 2005 12:44 pm

noisetonepause wrote:I think calling this guy 'arsehole' is too mild. Personally I'd call him a 'dumb cunt', as that just rolls off the tongue in a most appealing manner.

dumb cunt for someone asking for an online store.
what next ? I guess you shoot people asking you direction.

dunno about smartass juice, but there must be something in the water that makes people stupidly agressive
Quad 6600 Intel, AsusP5Q, 2Gb ram, XP sp3, Evolution MK361c & UC33e, Line6 UX8

swpspce
Posts: 46
Joined: Sun Jun 27, 2004 8:39 pm

Post by swpspce » Mon Aug 22, 2005 2:38 pm

what is up with all the profanity on this forum...have people become so intolerant and unnecessarily aggresive - that they need to stoop so low as to constantly use such offensive words as c***, t***.

just my view - I personally find this over use of profanity a sign of poor language skills...
Apple PowerBook 12" 1Ghz 512mb Ram...ReMOTE 25, Live 4 beta 4, Kontakt, Reaktor

sweetjesus
Posts: 8803
Joined: Wed Mar 31, 2004 3:12 pm
Location: www.fridge.net.au
Contact:

Post by sweetjesus » Mon Aug 22, 2005 2:48 pm

sorry i started this arguement.

please no offence intended and everyone just chill, its no big deal we all have our shitty sides and stuff happens its ok.

Post Reply