What spec Laptop do i need to buy to start djing ?Cheapish!

Discuss music production with Ableton Live.
oblong

What spec Laptop do i need to buy to start djing ?Cheapish!

Post by oblong » Sat Aug 27, 2005 6:01 pm

hi all
please can you help me decide on a laptop ? - i need it soon as i desperately need to earn some money djing and until now havnt bothered as i cant mix... thank god for ableton !!

i am not to bothered about using many effects - maybe even none as i'm planning to do some my own edits of tunes thus putting a creative twist on the music in pre production.

i saw in future music the dell 6000 came out on top and thats 900 quid but i still think i prob dont need such a powerfull laptop as that just to dj mp3s on live. i am hoping you guys have had stable systems on much cheaper pcs.

Please could you suggest some models i should look into for basic playback of mp3s which wont crash and wont overheat in a club.

many thanks j :lol:
god i'm cool and u r not

MrSleep

Post by MrSleep » Sun Aug 28, 2005 2:50 am

any of the current celeron & sempron's should be more than inough, with the latter "sempron" you get a better bang for your buck!

not only is it cheaper than celeron but its more powerefull too.. GO AMD!!! :D
hurry up.... mr squigle....

smutek

Re: What spec Laptop do i need to buy to start djing ?Cheapish!

Post by smutek » Sun Aug 28, 2005 5:25 am

oblong wrote:hi all
please can you help me decide on a laptop ? - i need it soon as i desperately need to earn some money djing and until now havnt bothered as i cant mix... thank god for ableton !!many thanks j :lol:
:? :lol: :?