Live 2.0.2 is released

Discuss music production with Ableton Live.
DJADD

Thank you very much ableton people!

Post by DJADD » Mon Feb 17, 2003 4:19 am

:)
This thing rocks, I got my bandpass filter back! It doesn't take much to please me. :lol:

The next update to Live will sync video clips and wash my Jeep, I just know it!

vivaplex

still waiting on my fixer (I think)

Post by vivaplex » Mon Feb 17, 2003 5:22 am

Boy. I am glad to see how on the ball Ableton is. This looks like a great update. I wish ableton and Version tracker had better communication though. 2.02 STILL isn't on there, and when 2.0 is released I was the one who told VT about it.

I think maybe my issue is still at large though. I don't know because I haven't tested 2.02 with the syncing:

I wrote about a problem we were having: while syncing with an M-audio throughbox (using my G4 ghz w/ two G4 towers), any clips which have altered 1st warp markers don't get triggered except maybe every 15th time hitting the trigger.

This is especially an issue because, although I have finally been able to get Spark LE to launch as my wave editor FROM Live, and although I have also been able to convince Spark LE to load files which exist on my external hard drive (with no help from TC works), I still have to deal with the fact that, when Spark is launched while Live is synced (or even plugged in to any MIDI at all) it messes up the tempo causing it to jump up and down by 6 increments. Therefore, my only recourse is to spend long amounts of time pre-paring my files alone, before my sessions start so I have new files to launch, instead of the spontaneous character so loved. :?

dpel

2.02 sounds better

Post by dpel » Tue Feb 18, 2003 6:28 am

just kidding,
bravo ableton. you guys constantly
set the bar.

devotedly yours,
dpel
Dave Pelman Music
http://www.davepelman.com

HajoCorsten

update to 2.0.2 failed !

Post by HajoCorsten » Sun Feb 23, 2003 4:23 am

I downloaded http://www.ableton.com/content/content- ... Update.zip for Win but couldn't detect any updating:
in fact, the 'About' window still states Version 2.0.1 and checking Live Auto-Filter only shows low- and highpass-filter, no band pass AND no band reject filter either ?!

By the way, I believe all users would appreciate if ABLETON spread news about any updates via email - I stumbled across this important topic by cheer incidence...

Alex

Post by Alex » Mon Feb 24, 2003 7:13 pm

Hi HajoCorsten,

sorry but I don't understand the update problem you have.
If you currently running ive 2.0.1 you have to go to the donwload page. There you must enter your Live 2 serial number and then you can download the Live 2.0.2 update.

The 1.5.2 update was/is a free update so in that case it was not needed to put in any serial number.

Concerning the information about the the update I can understand your point but we decided not to publish the information within the newsletter for the following reason.

Like you could see in my first posting in this thread Live 2.0.2 has still some bugs we know (and hopefully none we don't know) so we'll release another bugfix update soon. So we want to avoid that all Live 2 user should update now and 2 or 3 weeks later should update again.

regards,
Alex

Post by Guest » Tue Feb 25, 2003 6:40 pm

Sorry to bother you again, but I ended up once more with the "Live152Update.zip" (used another browser than IE). Could you give (or mail me, if the forum is too public) the exact url for the 2.0.2 update download ?

Hajo Corsten
Alex wrote:Hi HajoCorsten,

sorry but I don't understand the update problem you have.
If you currently running ive 2.0.1 you have to go to the donwload page. There you must enter your Live 2 serial number and then you can download the Live 2.0.2 update.

The 1.5.2 update was/is a free update so in that case it was not needed to put in any serial number.

Concerning the information about the the update I can understand your point but we decided not to publish the information within the newsletter for the following reason.

Like you could see in my first posting in this thread Live 2.0.2 has still some bugs we know (and hopefully none we don't know) so we'll release another bugfix update soon. So we want to avoid that all Live 2 user should update now and 2 or 3 weeks later should update again.

regards,
Alex

Post by Guest » Wed Feb 26, 2003 2:20 pm

Hi,

This happened to me. If you click on the 2.0.2 update, you must make sure you enter the serial no. for version 2. If you enter the serial no. for version 1 (as I did by mistake) you end up getting the 1.52 update.

Hope this helps.

Phil

HajoCorsten

Post by HajoCorsten » Fri Feb 28, 2003 7:57 am

Thanx Phil, you're a charm!

THAT was the obstacle indeed.

We two seem to be the only dumbheads fiddling with LIVE ...

Chers, Hajo

HajoCorsten

Post by HajoCorsten » Fri Feb 28, 2003 9:43 pm

Well well, Easter seems not far away for Live's somehow and still scrambled eggs:

now that I got V 2.0.2 installed - now there are three various live.exes - or 'LIVE eggs' ?! - in one folder, well behaving, but 'Auto Filter' still doesn't feature alle four filters, only ONE more, the bandpass, bandreject's still missing...

Let's be patient and wait for the cleaners.

metrognome32

Live 2.02 + reaktor

Post by metrognome32 » Mon Mar 03, 2003 12:55 am

Thank you thank you thank you.

Now that reaktor works properly in live one can import midi files into the synths or jam live on any reaktor machine. This adds a whole new level to real time improv.

Thanks Ableton!

-gNome
www.azsessions.com