render to disk all instrument hit in the beginning

Discuss music production with Ableton Live.
Bernie Lomax

render to disk all instrument hit in the beginning

Post by Bernie Lomax » Tue Sep 06, 2005 4:29 pm

When i select the region to render to disk, and go through the render, I hear a hit on all midi instrument tracks when the render is over. Then when i listen to the aif file, it has that hit in the very beginning of the song, even if there are no notes programed for that instrument. i am using Live 4 rewired to Reason 2.5. Why is this happening? Mac G5 computer by the way.

This problem occurs on and off, it seems totally random when the program will do this, but once it starts happening with a file, it seems to not be fixed by restarting the program or waiting it out.

Bern

Bernie Lomax

Post by Bernie Lomax » Tue Sep 06, 2005 4:59 pm

if you have any clue please respond. This is important for a job I'm doing.

inis

Post by inis » Tue Sep 06, 2005 6:12 pm

havnt heard this one. I suppose the first thing i would try is closing reason before you render.

bensuthers

Post by bensuthers » Wed Sep 07, 2005 5:57 am

do you have 'render as loop' turned on when rendering?

divonic

Post by divonic » Wed Sep 07, 2005 4:26 pm

If you are at the point where you are rendering why not just bounce the midi tracks down to audio. then render. it'll take a few extra minutes.

Bernie Lomax

Post by Bernie Lomax » Mon Jan 02, 2006 8:24 am

Hello eveyone, havent been around in a while...

I'm still having the same problem occasionally, now in live 5 and Reason 3! I can restart the programs, and it will still do the same thing, while in other sessions, it bounces fine. There can be no midi data in the beginning of a midi track rewired to reason, and then when i render, right after it renders, i hear a hit on a few of the synths/instruements i'm using. Then that hit is in the track on the first beat. What is causing this? It would be great if one of the abelton reps could answer this one. I don't want to bounce all of the reson tracks to audio before i render the track because i want to conserve disc space and my own time/sanity... althought this is kind of driving me crazy.

Whoever solves the problem can stay at my beach house for a weekend. Car keys included. ;)

neurovurt

Post by neurovurt » Wed Feb 08, 2006 10:03 pm

same exact problem.
at first it was one drum hit from redrum that would play at the beginning, even though it wasn't set too, then it was a different drum hit. last night i thought i finally rendered without anything extra, but about 20 secs in a reason instrument hits without being told to...
and as emphasis, ableton is not set to render as loop and everything plays perfectly EXCEPT when rendered to audio. I've even tweaked the normalization and file types to no avail.