Access Virus TI anyone?

Discuss music production with Ableton Live.
dizzyj

Post by dizzyj » Mon Sep 12, 2005 10:54 pm

I sold my virus b back in Nov. Rebought it 2 months ago. Access had their chance, but they lost a sale for me. Too bad, thats 2 really bad things that company has done now.

I was really wanting the vsti aspect of the virus. That was really the main feature, so the usb2.0/1.0 stuff I didnt care about.

Tarekith

Post by Tarekith » Mon Sep 12, 2005 11:53 pm

For me the VSTi aspect is the LEAST interesting aspect surprisingly enough. I mean, if you're going to treat it like a plug in, why not save $2000 and get a plug in? Then again, I always enjoyed the awesome keyboard action and silky smooth knobs of the Virus range, and can't imagine giving those up for a mouse. Just me though. :)
Tarekith
Ableton Forum Administrator
https://tarekith.com

dizzyj

Post by dizzyj » Tue Sep 13, 2005 3:55 am

Tarekith wrote:For me the VSTi aspect is the LEAST interesting aspect surprisingly enough. I mean, if you're going to treat it like a plug in, why not save $2000 and get a plug in? Then again, I always enjoyed the awesome keyboard action and silky smooth knobs of the Virus range, and can't imagine giving those up for a mouse. Just me though. :)
cause its not just a plugin. the convienience of saving every bit of virus info with the song without having to mess with sysex is what I wanted. The virus is the only peice of gear I have that I would want to recall back to a previous setting, and I hate messing with sysex dumps. I hate saving my multi, and overwriting some singles that were used by a previous mulit making it impossible to go back, unless I take periodic backups (ya right).

Ambioun - Techno Man

Post by Ambioun - Techno Man » Tue Sep 13, 2005 4:26 am

I think that montreal is a stubborn duchebag.

Peace :-D

dtm

Post by dtm » Tue Sep 13, 2005 10:39 am

Man, we were meant to have the first one in Australia, and we gave up waiting ages ago. Besides, we got the Polyevolver that Oliver Lieb used here for his NYE live set, and since it was now technically 'second hand' we got it cheap...
It was his only live set in years, came out of retirement (so to speak) for this gig, and played 'Fragile' live... Suckers. I would have payed double for it. hehe
why go analog modelling when you go analog?
:wink:

montrealbreaks

Post by montrealbreaks » Tue Sep 13, 2005 5:53 pm

Ambioun - Techno Man wrote:I think that montreal is a stubborn duchebag.

Peace :-D
I think you're right.

I also think that I'm a dilligent critic of the music gear "industry".

Peace right back atchya :-D

I have changed my username; Now posting as:

M. Bréqs

12micsn1

Post by 12micsn1 » Tue Sep 20, 2005 2:15 am

WOW!! I guess things other then weather fall from the sky!! www.access-music.de/
Vote for Pedro.

u4ia

Post by u4ia » Wed Sep 21, 2005 3:22 pm

Yeah I had all but given up on the Virus TI, even starting to doubt whether access would still be around without having a synth on the market for so long. Hopefully it will be worth the wait, will be interesting to see how it works with live.

I have my polar pre-ordered from NovaMusik and they said they are actually expecting them sooner than the october 3rd date which would be cool. I can't believe I had bought the synth waaaaaay back in november 2004, seems like another lifetime ago. :D

Also I was one of the "not so bright ones" who sold all their current gear to get the TI, because I actually believed in the original available in december 2004 stuff, oops! :roll:

dtm

Post by dtm » Fri Sep 23, 2005 6:45 am

yay!
Ours ships on october 3. I think their ears must have been burning!
:D

sweetjesus

Post by sweetjesus » Fri Sep 23, 2005 6:57 am

The synth shop I used to run was/is also the importer and distributor of Access here. Same thing happened with the Virus C. Access sent it to us months late and only sent us 3 keyboards ! (we had like 10 on backorder) which we ended up having to use as store display units until they sent us proper stock. All in all another few months of dicking about, nothing unusual from Access.

Fortunately those guys do a good job of adding features and upgrading their synths well beyond the products release and intended life cycle.