MackieControl emulator for BCR2000!!

Discuss music production with Ableton Live.
Warminstrel

Post by Warminstrel » Tue Jul 29, 2008 11:46 am

Warminstrel wrote:
ton wrote:
Warminstrel wrote:MCU is now working fine complete with visual feedback etc.....new problem is:

When I insert/use vst synth etc.. if the I/O on the vst track is set to 'All ins'
Why do you set the I/O of the track to "All ins"? This will bring all midi events which are received by Ableton Live to this track and why do you want this? If you just want to be able to play your vsti over the keyboard, just select it's midi output port as the input of your vsti-track rather than "All ins". "All ins" could make sense if you would apply afterwards in a midi chain various midi filters which will keep only a subset of all incoming midi events.
I dont set the track to 'All ins'. it does it itslef by default. it always has. I dont want it too, it just does.

Insert a midi track yourself and tell me what it defaults to?

Only recently had the problem when using midi yoke with huskervu/mcu.

Is there anyway to change the default? Not managed to do it myself, just have to keep changeing it when inserting midi tracks which aint much of a bind but still a pain in de ass!

cheers.
Just tried again and Live does indeed default to 'All ins' as standard. Also looked at a few example pictures online and most show midi tracks I/O as being 'All ins'.

Still cant find a way to change it......

Doesnt sound bad maybe but imagine if every time you open a new vst/midi track it sounds like someones laying over your keyboard.

anyone know how tho change the default I/O of a midi tracks 'ins'???

revA
Location: Aachen, NRW, Germany, Earth, Solar System, Milkyway

Post by revA » Tue Jul 29, 2008 11:53 am

Warminstrel wrote: anyone know how tho change the default I/O of a midi tracks 'ins'???
i use this workaround: i set up a miditrack with the input i want, name it accordingly and then drag the track into the library. now everytime i what that specific input, i just drag it from the library back to the arrangement.
Acer TM 7720G/Live8/EMU 1616m/Maschine/LD2/Launchpad and then some
http://soundcloud.com/revA
http://www.archive.org/details/tea.age.studios
http://www.mediafire.com/reva

ton

Post by ton » Tue Jul 29, 2008 11:55 am

Warminstrel wrote:Is there anyway to change the default? Not managed to do it myself, just have to keep changeing it when inserting midi tracks which aint much of a bind but still a pain in de ass!
I am not sure if it's possible to assign a default behaviour to the midi input settings, I am afraid not, but that's not a big pain in the ass:

klick.up.enter

where the klick to the right coordinates is the most difficult part.

ton

Post by ton » Tue Jul 29, 2008 11:57 am

revA wrote:i use this workaround: i set up a miditrack with the input i want, name it accordingly and then drag the track into the library. now everytime i what that specific input, i just drag it from the library back to the arrangement.
If you could assign a single (and direct) hotkey to this behaviour that would be a workaround.

Warminstrel

Post by Warminstrel » Tue Jul 29, 2008 12:02 pm

ton wrote:
Warminstrel wrote:Is there anyway to change the default? Not managed to do it myself, just have to keep changeing it when inserting midi tracks which aint much of a bind but still a pain in de ass!
I am not sure if it's possible to assign a default behaviour to the midi input settings, I am afraid not, but that's not a big pain in the ass:

klick.up.enter

where the klick to the right coordinates is the most difficult part.

Mate, are you trying to be sarcastic?

Warminstrel

Post by Warminstrel » Tue Jul 29, 2008 12:03 pm

revA wrote:
Warminstrel wrote: anyone know how tho change the default I/O of a midi tracks 'ins'???
i use this workaround: i set up a miditrack with the input i want, name it accordingly and then drag the track into the library. now everytime i what that specific input, i just drag it from the library back to the arrangement.
Cheers mate, a sensible answer, without the sarcasm.

Much appreciated.

mr.adl

Post by mr.adl » Thu Jul 31, 2008 10:27 pm

Really thinking of getting a BCF2000, as it looks easier to controll my mix via that than with mouse.

So...is the MackieControll emulator thing working fine under Win XP?
And how about latency? This would be something really annoying if there would be some delay when moving the fader.

Don´t wanne read 20 pages of thread, so PLEASE help me out :D

Thanx!

Thomas

ton

Post by ton » Thu Aug 14, 2008 11:13 pm

mr.adl wrote:So...is the MackieControll emulator thing working fine under Win XP?
And how about latency? This would be something really annoying if there would be some delay when moving the fader.
It works, perfectly. (But I tried only with BCR2000, with BCF2000 you can't get all controls into one preset as defined in 4.1 from above). No latency problems.

praecox

Post by praecox » Sat Aug 23, 2008 7:33 am

hi, everything is working for me but i have experienced to problems and maybe you could help me:)

1. fader pots (all volume faders) jumping all the time
2. selecting the plugins doesn't work as should - when is the first plugin selected pushing another fader pots gets only the FIRST plugin reseting 8 parameters to default position. pushing doesn't select another plugin.

the only solution for me is to select onother track then back and push the fader pot of the plugin i want to be selected

?
MBP 2.8 - Retina 15" - Mojave - Live 10

flipotto

New version 5.0a of preset.

Post by flipotto » Tue Dec 30, 2008 4:29 pm

I have created a new preset.
It is a mackie preset much like 4.1

I have had help from stefan_soundstudies and peter_resolent.
New additions.
There are two presets included
# 21 has faders on the top row of encoders and leds working
# 22 has vpots on the top row of encoders leds not working (see layout images further down)
Which you like better is up to you!
So ----

* 8 Device pots (dpots) – Great work Stefan_soundstudies from yahoo.
This uses the native bcr2000 support built into Live.
You click on a plugin (the hand appears) and you turn the dpots and you are editing the plugin or rack.
So 8 new knobs that are the native Ableton Live support for the BCR2000.
Used to control devices like instruments and fx.
<dev.bank> are controls to select the next set of 8 device controls. See Stefan's directions in his .pdf attached. They layout is slightly different than Stefan's dpots .pdf shows.

Record Arms removed, sorry.

* Clip_fires – peter_resolent's idea, my implementation.
8 more new knobs -
They control cursor up/down for tracks 1-8 or 9-16 etc depending on <bank>
8 push encoders to fire highlighted clip. 1-8 or 9-16 … etc like above.

So - download the new preset.
Give it a whirl.
RTFM.
See the website for image and description

EDIT - 8.30.12
Version is up to 5.0 - see link

http://oneleaf.heliohost.org/wp/bcr2000-page/
Last edited by flipotto on Thu Aug 30, 2012 4:42 pm, edited 1 time in total.

psikonetik

Re: MackieControl emulator for BCR2000!!

Post by psikonetik » Wed Jul 29, 2009 8:52 am

Hi mates!
Im having a weird problem under windows.

If I run my bcr in mac it works well as a mackie control I push the trackB button and the light switches to the trackB

But if I run in windows the lights stay switched so I cant see wich track is selected or if I am changing the pan, the sends etc..
So if I want to go back to the trackA I have to push the trackA button twice.

I have tried to reinstall the drivers several times and didnt work.
Any suggestions??
Thanks!

flipotto

Re: MackieControl emulator for BCR2000!!

Post by flipotto » Wed Jul 29, 2009 10:15 am

psikonetik wrote:Hi mates!
Im having a weird problem under windows.

If I run my bcr in mac it works well as a mackie control I push the trackB button and the light switches to the trackB

But if I run in windows the lights stay switched so I cant see wich track is selected or if I am changing the pan, the sends etc..
So if I want to go back to the trackA I have to push the trackA button twice.

I have tried to reinstall the drivers several times and didnt work.
Any suggestions??
Thanks!
I'm not sure I understand...