this left me speachless

Discuss music production with Ableton Live.
Kodama

Post by Kodama » Wed Sep 14, 2005 9:52 pm

Montreal, you actually believe the USA is in danger of being overrun by the power of rich liberals?

8O
GO VEGAN!!! - Macbook Air, Bass Station II, Some Korg shit, Live Suite, U-He, Audio Damage, Microtonic, Ohmicide, more soft stuffs, awesome controllers, euro rack modular synth,an awesome cat.

montrealbreaks

Post by montrealbreaks » Wed Sep 14, 2005 10:18 pm

Kodama wrote:Montreal, you actually believe the USA is in danger of being overrun by the power of rich liberals?

8O
I believe that the USA is in danger of being overrun by monopolistic corporate interests. Liberalism has nothing to do with it... Unfortunately.

I have changed my username; Now posting as:

M. Bréqs

noisetonepause

Post by noisetonepause » Wed Sep 14, 2005 10:35 pm

Liberalism has (wants!) nothing to do with monopolies... that's why true liberalism presupposes a state divorced from business interests. I think we pretty much agree here, monsieur Breaks?

montrealbreaks

Post by montrealbreaks » Thu Sep 15, 2005 12:05 am

noisetonepause wrote:Liberalism has (wants!) nothing to do with monopolies... that's why true liberalism presupposes a state divorced from business interests. I think we pretty much agree here, monsieur Breaks?
Yep. We agree on that.

I'm pretty anti-corporate, but also pretty pro-military. I think that a liberal democratic state should be the most powerful human construct, should have the clout to protect its citizenry in all senses; Economically, Legally, and Militarily.

When individuals (rarely) or corporations (often) achieve monopolies, the state, which is accountable to the people, loses influence. These monopolies are not accountable to the people, only the shareholders.

Would a corporation go 50 billion into debt to rescue people in New Orleans? No. It's not profitable. Only the state can muster that kind of money, that kind of manpower. Manpower, generated from a capable, ready and well equipped military (and paramilitary).

All that said, I am quite libertarian on many issues. The state should have limits imposed upon it by the people. For instance the state should have no say over what you say, what you believe, who you fuck (with their legal consent of course), etc.

It's wierd. All my left wing friends think I'm right wing, and my few right wing friends think I'm a leftist. I dislike affirmative action. I support stringent immigration controls. I support forcing immigrants and refugees to assimilate. I support Gay marriage. I oppose capital punishment. I support life sentences to prison camps in the Arctic for repeat, violent offenders. I oppose government funding for the arts. I support artistic freedom of speech. I want my government to balance budgets and pay off debt. I support high taxes. I oppose welfare handouts to lazy bums. I oppose welfare handouts to rich corporations.

My point is, why the hell does everybody assume that everybody else is simply Left or Right? The problem is that our current "conventional wisdom" is that you're either one or the other... There's no room in the post 9/11 dialectic for people who judge each issue on it's own merit... Everybody has to be in one camp or another. It's like there's only two flavours of belief, and you have to accept all the positions that go with the characterizations of Conservative and "Liberal" That's a recipe for a civil war.
:(

I have changed my username; Now posting as:

M. Bréqs

jackmazzotti

Post by jackmazzotti » Thu Sep 15, 2005 12:37 am

noisetonepause wrote:
One might add a disclaimer: No soldiers are involved in the sustaining of this forum...

-Paws
You obviously know ziltch about China, Yahoo and internet freedom.

jackmazzotti

Post by jackmazzotti » Thu Sep 15, 2005 12:48 am

computo wrote:[

at least you think you're an expert on something. I love to hear about army shlubs trying to school University professors... Makes me glad I didnt spend anytime in the military... Do they teach all of you that you're smarter than the college educated? that must take some of the sting off.
Hey computo here is a way for you to play solider without being an army shlub or paratrooper like me.

http://ruthlessreviews.com/rants/erich/larp.html

astromass

Post by astromass » Thu Sep 15, 2005 12:51 am

please turn your backs from this...ableton forums is not the place for this bullshit. thanks.
nyquist theorem and nyquil...

jackmazzotti

Post by jackmazzotti » Thu Sep 15, 2005 1:01 am

astromass wrote:please turn your backs from this...ableton forums is not the place for this bullshit. thanks.
you will need soliders to enforce that

commie soliders that is

jackmazzotti

Post by jackmazzotti » Thu Sep 15, 2005 1:18 am

News Flash!!!!!

I think I might have found the place to buy American flag toilet paper. If you can't grow a decent looking beard I suggest you get some fast because it is probably going to be in really high demand after the take over (I am sure price the gouging is going to be almost criminal). I bet you could find it in Newbury Comics. The reason I say that is because they sell all kinds of kitch and nick nacks and crap the disrespects our president. They are a business in Mass. They sell music mainly. I don't think they will sell much music after the take over so the anti-Bush and anti-America baubbles and bunk are probably their hedge fund.

this is meat not thrown for wolves
it is thrown for weasles

jackmazzotti

Post by jackmazzotti » Thu Sep 15, 2005 1:32 am

Chris J wrote:
And I did call you a nazi. Do you know what nazi stand for. NA ZI ?
nice try but you did

don't you remember

"we tolerate nazis, otherwise you wouldn't be able to speak would you ? "

Machinesworking

Post by Machinesworking » Thu Sep 15, 2005 3:32 am

The Offender wrote:christianity has nothing to do with jesus christ. christianity is the afterthought in which man decided to twist the works and words of christ to suit his own needs.
That's probably the single most rational statement you've made in any of your posts.

I would add that Christ is an archetype, in which man presents his best side, then admits to himself that he is not ready to become that man, and in a fit of guilt, causes more damage to his own psyche, and looks for a scapegoat to call evil, and destroy. Or simply blames his own evil on the devil, repents, and all is good again, never mind the bodies in the corner.

Of course this all applies equally to Mohammed... :roll:

fsk

Post by fsk » Thu Sep 15, 2005 3:36 am

christianity has nothing to do with jesus? Oookay.

And as for soldiers, yes brave, but lamb to the slaughter. I know about 5-10 people who joined the army, all thick as shit, illiterate some of them, and would have no hope in life if it wasn't for the Army. Its

Great our countries are protected by ex Zack Morris's and AC Slater's.
Sound Recordist & Designer
http://www.postboxaudio.com

forge

Post by forge » Thu Sep 15, 2005 5:28 am

elemental wrote:what a load of bollox.

I am also tired of these people who call anyone who is not a right wing fascist conservative "Liberal" ... to those of you who hate so called "liberals" I suggest you come and live in London for a bit. Here we have a multitude of cultures, races and belief systems living alongside one another. The vast majority of us could not give a toss about the next man's religion, colour, creed, whatever. We're too busy trying to make a living and make music/bring up kids/whatever else people do ... and once you've lived with some different people, you might come to realise that WE ARE ALL THE SAME.

Wise up people. We need wisdom not stupidity, if we're ever gonna fix up this fucked up world we live in right now.

Now go make some music

the lot of u.
well spoken....

john gordon

Post by john gordon » Thu Sep 15, 2005 6:43 am

i didnt realize this video was going to cause such a ruckus.i have an update about my brazilian girl though. :lol: :l

Chris J

Post by Chris J » Thu Sep 15, 2005 8:34 am

jackmazzotti wrote:
Chris J wrote:
And I did call you a nazi. Do you know what nazi stand for. NA ZI ?
nice try but you did

don't you remember

"we tolerate nazis, otherwise you wouldn't be able to speak would you ? "
You don't make sense. What are you trying to say by "nice try" ?
read again, I'm saying I DID call you a nazi. Maybe you're confusing DID and DIDN'T, that would explain a lot of things
Quad 6600 Intel, AsusP5Q, 2Gb ram, XP sp3, Evolution MK361c & UC33e, Line6 UX8