this left me speachless

Discuss music production with Ableton Live.
aike

Post by aike » Wed Sep 14, 2005 10:39 am

perhaps if America had signed up to any of the climate change policies, the sea wouldnt be warmer than it should and so the hurricane wouldnt have been so bad

fsk

Post by fsk » Wed Sep 14, 2005 1:05 pm

This is hillarious :)

Offender tells us Christianity is a gimmick (so not real, something put in place to deceive us from the truth), then tells us when jesus comes down it'll be George bush to burn. So which is it? you believe in Christianity? or You believe its false and a gimmick? Make your mind up, no confusion here buddy. ps. Jesus doesn't exsist as the son of god in any other religion.

I cannot believe that you studied for a philosophy major. The American education system must be a shambles. Either that or you are a liar.

You insulted the person who started this thread and everyone else who believes in it, you inticed others to insult you, so that you can make yourself sound and look clever later in the post by using "why the abuse I didnt use any" crap. That sadly is YOUR Gimmick, a similar one adopted by children in playgrounds, to get the other kids to fight. Then when they get caught they use it in their defence. You are sadly a child.

and wtf does "if you don't think this communism then you probably never went to college or you're still in it" mean?

How can you go to college and be unable to form a sentence, and once again trying to make yourself look clever by using a COMPLEX movement like "communism" (Sorry no offence, its clearly too complex for you). You have no idea of the ideology behind communism. What you are doing, is not being a communist, and what the government are doing is not being communist either, Im completely lost as to where this really pathetic comment was going. Please elaborate.
Sound Recordist & Designer
http://www.postboxaudio.com

elemental

Post by elemental » Wed Sep 14, 2005 1:23 pm

what a load of bollox.

I am also tired of these people who call anyone who is not a right wing fascist conservative "Liberal" ... to those of you who hate so called "liberals" I suggest you come and live in London for a bit. Here we have a multitude of cultures, races and belief systems living alongside one another. The vast majority of us could not give a toss about the next man's religion, colour, creed, whatever. We're too busy trying to make a living and make music/bring up kids/whatever else people do ... and once you've lived with some different people, you might come to realise that WE ARE ALL THE SAME.

Wise up people. We need wisdom not stupidity, if we're ever gonna fix up this fucked up world we live in right now.

Now go make some music

the lot of u.

jackmazzotti

Post by jackmazzotti » Wed Sep 14, 2005 2:46 pm

fsk wrote:This is hillarious :)

Offender tells us Christianity is a gimmick (so not real, something put in place to deceive us from the truth), then tells us when jesus comes down it'll be George bush to burn. So which is it? you believe in Christianity? or You believe its false and a gimmick? Make your mind up, no confusion here buddy. ps. Jesus doesn't exsist as the son of god in any other religion.

I cannot believe that you studied for a philosophy major. The American education system must be a shambles. Either that or you are a liar.

You insulted the person who started this thread and everyone else who believes in it, you inticed others to insult you, so that you can make yourself sound and look clever later in the post by using "why the abuse I didnt use any" crap. That sadly is YOUR Gimmick, a similar one adopted by children in playgrounds, to get the other kids to fight. Then when they get caught they use it in their defence. You are sadly a child.

and wtf does "if you don't think this communism then you probably never went to college or you're still in it" mean?

How can you go to college and be unable to form a sentence, and once again trying to make yourself look clever by using a COMPLEX movement like "communism" (Sorry no offence, its clearly too complex for you). You have no idea of the ideology behind communism. What you are doing, is not being a communist, and what the government are doing is not being communist either, Im completely lost as to where this really pathetic comment was going. Please elaborate.
#1 for the final time I AM NOT THE OFFENDER! I am Jack Mazzotti a Christian conservative who also happens to be a musician and artsit who sometimes lacks sesitivity when I state my political veiws. Do not lump me in with the offender. We don't not share the same veiws on anything that I can see.

#2 the college comment is a BROAD generalization. I firmly believe that the majority of leftist veiws held by folks nowadays are taught in college. If you haven't attended college than this might not be apparent to you because you wouldn't have been taught them. If you are still in it then you are still in the indoctrinization process chances are. Which isn't your fault. Kids are naive and I think a lot of proffessors capitilze on that and use their position to infuence people towards the left.

#3 I seem Michael Moore as a con artist. I also think he is a communist. I think he is a worthless person. How can anyone use the Katrina disaster or 911 for political gain. It is shameless. This goes for Howard Dean and the Dems in general (not to exclude wimpy milk toast republicans) as well.

#4 maybe I don't understand all of the intricate complexities of communisim but I understand that over 100 million people died from Stalin and Mao. I met a B.U. proffessor who thought communism could still work. I told him "they probably didn't kill enough people for it to work".

fsk

Post by fsk » Wed Sep 14, 2005 3:45 pm

I didnt say you was the Offender, that comment was intended to Offender's reply to me. Get a grip over that.

Im studying Photography at University, so err no.

I also believe its sick that they are using katrina for political gain, I stated that he was no better or worse than the next politician in government in my first post. Its exactly the same thing as Bush did "Iraq has weapons of mass destruction, so we gotta get rid of them" oh wait theres prove that there wasnt.

The fact they killed lots of people to get into power and keep their power has nothing to do with the teachings of Communism, in theory communism would work, sadly it was nutters liek stalin, mao, fidel who took it up.
Sound Recordist & Designer
http://www.postboxaudio.com

pilcrow

Post by pilcrow » Wed Sep 14, 2005 3:54 pm

forge wrote:Catholics ten to be the worst because they can sin as much as they like then just go to confession and do a few hail marys and they're forgiven.
I thought this was supposed to be the "tolerance" generation.

This is the most blatant sort of bigotry. It results completely from ignorance, of course--as most bigotry and prejudice does--but it's rattled off (a) as if it's true, and (b) as if no one will bat an eye at it. Anti-Catholicism truly is one of the last "acceptable" prejudices.

To see the bigotry, try substituting just about any other religious or ethnic group for the word "Catholics."

Amazing.

noisetonepause

Post by noisetonepause » Wed Sep 14, 2005 4:12 pm

jackmazzotti wrote:#4 maybe I don't understand all of the intricate complexities of communisim but I understand that over 100 million people died from Stalin and Mao. I met a B.U. proffessor who thought communism could still work. I told him "they probably didn't kill enough people for it to work".
You are assuming that the people who called themselves or have been called communists actually were. I think this is very thin ground for discrediting the ideology - actually attacking it for its simplistic view of history and humanity would be much easier and much better grounds for discussion. Not too mention less dumb.

-Paws

sqook

Post by sqook » Wed Sep 14, 2005 4:16 pm

jackmazzotti wrote:#2 the college comment is a BROAD generalization. I firmly believe that the majority of leftist veiws held by folks nowadays are taught in college. If you haven't attended college than this might not be apparent to you because you wouldn't have been taught them. If you are still in it then you are still in the indoctrinization process chances are. Which isn't your fault. Kids are naive and I think a lot of proffessors capitilze on that and use their position to infuence people towards the left.
I really must side with machinesworking's post earlier in thread (I think it was him, anyways).... I'm quite tired and puzzled as to how the word "liberal" became linked with such a negative connotation. I seem to recall that it wasn't always this way.

It's funny, I moved to Berlin from the states, and I discovered that here, the word "liberal" has a different meaning. Like the US, it's also considered negative nowadays (among most people, anyways). But it was explained to me that here, it is a term associated with rampant capitalism and consumerism, not social politics. I also believe it holds a slight amount of anti-American sentiment in this regard, as the US is seen as responsible for spreading this type of doctrine.

But alas, I digress. I must admit that I laughed quietly to myself when I read your whole bit about college professors. Frankly, I'd never met kids my age that held really conservative beliefs until I went to school out in the midwest.... and even though each year they became poorer and went more and more into debt (as we all did), they continued to support the party more fervently as the war progressed. If there was any doctrination in my school, it certainly wasn't "liberal"....

I'm not qualified to say whether my university was the exception rather than the rule, but it's the type of generalization that makes me roll my eyes whenever I hear it. Same goes with all the quips about the "liberal media" and it's supposed dominance in the press. Sometimes, Americans have no idea how conservative their country has become. And for the record, I don't think that conservatism is in general a bad thing, but I have become very turned off by the way that it has attempted to bring McCarthyism back in vogue.

Chris J

Post by Chris J » Wed Sep 14, 2005 4:26 pm

jackmazzotti wrote: #1 for the final time I AM NOT THE OFFENDER! I am Jack Mazzotti a Christian conservative who also happens to be a musician and artsit who sometimes lacks sesitivity when I state my political veiws. Do not lump me in with the offender. We don't not share the same veiws on anything that I can see.

#2 the college comment is a BROAD generalization. I firmly believe that the majority of leftist veiws held by folks nowadays are taught in college. If you haven't attended college than this might not be apparent to you because you wouldn't have been taught them. If you are still in it then you are still in the indoctrinization process chances are. Which isn't your fault. Kids are naive and I think a lot of proffessors capitilze on that and use their position to infuence people towards the left.

#3 I seem Michael Moore as a con artist. I also think he is a communist. I think he is a worthless person. How can anyone use the Katrina disaster or 911 for political gain. It is shameless. This goes for Howard Dean and the Dems in general (not to exclude wimpy milk toast republicans) as well.

#4 maybe I don't understand all of the intricate complexities of communisim but I understand that over 100 million people died from Stalin and Mao. I met a B.U. proffessor who thought communism could still work. I told him "they probably didn't kill enough people for it to work".
I said "so the offender is back, how many aliases has he got" because you are made in the same mold. You could also well be Celtic.

And I did call you a nazi. Do you know what nazi stand for. NA ZI ?
Invading a country by propagating lies to the people, and that people pretending not to know what's going on is something that happened 70 years ago. This is what you are supporting.
National sozialists didn't like jews, you don't like muslims.
You feel you're in the most powerful country, so did they.
You hate communists, they were nazis ennemies.

Oh, and post some of your music, I also like to have a laugh sometimes.
Quad 6600 Intel, AsusP5Q, 2Gb ram, XP sp3, Evolution MK361c & UC33e, Line6 UX8

The Offender

Post by The Offender » Wed Sep 14, 2005 4:48 pm

christianity has nothing to do with jesus christ. christianity is the afterthought in which man decided to twist the works and words of christ to suit his own needs.

now that i made that clear u can go back to insulting me with your rubbish.

noisetonepause

Post by noisetonepause » Wed Sep 14, 2005 4:57 pm

sqook wrote:It's funny, I moved to Berlin from the states, and I discovered that here, the word "liberal" has a different meaning. Like the US, it's also considered negative nowadays (among most people, anyways). But it was explained to me that here, it is a term associated with rampant capitalism and consumerism, not social politics. I also believe it holds a slight amount of anti-American sentiment in this regard, as the US is seen as responsible for spreading this type of doctrine.
Really? In Denmark I wouldn't say it's negative at all... I don't think it's particularly loaded in the UK either, but I could be wrong. It has som of the same connotations as in Germany here, but not as bad... just a relatively free, relaxed attitude to regulations but in a fairly neutral sense. At least in most circles...

-Paws

noisetonepause

Post by noisetonepause » Wed Sep 14, 2005 4:58 pm

The Offender wrote:christianity has nothing to do with jesus christ. christianity is the afterthought in which man decided to twist the works and words of christ to suit his own needs.
That's the Orthodox Islamic view of it, actually.

andydes

Post by andydes » Wed Sep 14, 2005 5:05 pm

Didn't intend to get involved in this debate, but what the hell. I can't see why people are starting reasonable arguments with "I'm not a liberal, but...". Are you sure you all know what the word means? Let's consult the dictionary.

liberal (SOCIETY):adjective
respecting and allowing many different types of beliefs or behaviour.

liberal (POLITICS):adjective
(of a political party or a country) believing in or allowing more personal freedom and a development towards a fairer sharing of wealth and power within society.

OK, it's a bit of a broad definition, but what the hell is wrong with that? For example, I thought the whole iraq war was badly planned, ill timed, and based on a load of lies and misinformation, but what would I know? I'm just a fucking liberal.

pilcrow

Post by pilcrow » Wed Sep 14, 2005 5:15 pm

and it's "speechless," not "speachless."

noisetonepause

Post by noisetonepause » Wed Sep 14, 2005 5:32 pm

andydes wrote:Didn't intend to get involved in this debate, but what the hell. I can't see why people are starting reasonable arguments with "I'm not a liberal, but...". Are you sure you all know what the word means? Let's consult the dictionary.

liberal (SOCIETY):adjective
respecting and allowing many different types of beliefs or behaviour.

liberal (POLITICS):adjective
(of a political party or a country) believing in or allowing more personal freedom and a development towards a fairer sharing of wealth and power within society.

OK, it's a bit of a broad definition, but what the hell is wrong with that? For example, I thought the whole iraq war was badly planned, ill timed, and based on a load of lies and misinformation, but what would I know? I'm just a fucking liberal.
In contemporary US political discourse it's apparently just an insult of very broad definition, not unlike what 'communist' is/used to be... at least that's my impression.

There was an article in the Economist (very Liberal!) during the last US Presidential campaign commenting on some of Bush's speeches called "There's a word for that... and we want it back!" about this very issue.