An Xone Epiphany

Discuss music production with Ableton Live.
Jupes

An Xone Epiphany

Post by Jupes » Sun Sep 18, 2005 3:57 pm

Having just seen that superb link to the Allen & Heath Xone 3D, I am determined to get one by this time next year.

I'm going to sell my Denon DNS5000 CD decks and my DJM909 Mixer, trade in my Desktop PC for a Lappy, tell my mum to go on the game to raise extra cash and perhaps (and this is EXTREME), do some overtime at work.

I think CD decks are far less inspirational compared to Ableton + a good controller.

My main topic question is:

Did anyone go to see Xone in action at Plasa? Was it deing demo'd?

Is it the perfect companion for Ableton, or should I wait for Sasha to get someone to mass produce Maven? Only a matter of time, right?

Thank you to everyone who takes time to reply.

Eager and (still) flushed.

JUPES.

http://www.xone.co.uk/case_study.asp?view=263

12micsn1

Post by 12micsn1 » Sun Sep 18, 2005 4:05 pm

sonicstate.com has a video of one in action working with Ableton live but it doesnt go into great detail.
Vote for Pedro.

duffy

Post by duffy » Sun Sep 18, 2005 4:24 pm

i dont think it was demo'd at plasa....i saw some pics a while ago of hawtin playin about with it....he seemed to be grinning quite emphatically in every shot......i cant wait for this to be released but it prob wont be out till summer 06, despite what the papers say........at first i didnt think it would live up to the hype, the idea and the construction seemed like a play-thing for djs rather than a serious piece of gear....but now, looking at it in all its glory makes me do sex-wee in my bed at night.......and judging by allen & heaths reputation, we could soon see these installed in many clubs across the world.

i dont think this was at plasa but it was defo at Musikmesse in Frankfurt last march/april sometime....this was when richie was playin with it....i think he had a hand in the construction/design??....dunno, he had summit to do with it anywyas.

duffy

Post by duffy » Sun Sep 18, 2005 4:32 pm

woop....i guess it was at plasa.....just seen that vid....they really should have got a pro dj to demo it !!...no offence to Glen Rogers but his "Fancy tricks" are about as good as my dead grandmothers djing skills.

Deft

Post by Deft » Sun Sep 18, 2005 4:32 pm

It was at Plasa - still some teething problems with the MIDI I think, or it might have just been that laptop setup on the day.
It is rather tasty, it's just whether you want your Audio + MIDI in one expensive unit really.

duffy

Re: .........

Post by duffy » Sun Sep 18, 2005 4:43 pm

Deft wrote: it's just whether you want your Audio + MIDI in one expensive unit really.
yea thats true, be a heck of a lott cheaper with a 62/92 and a separate controller like a uc-33 or summit.....or better yet you could build your own....ive been toyin with the idea of midiboxing some old A&H gear but its looking pretty bleak at the mo...the 3d seems like it would save me a lotta time and energy for a few quid extra

Jupes

Post by Jupes » Sun Sep 18, 2005 4:48 pm

The guy from the video clip reckons it will retail for about £1300, which is great.

Ableton + Xone + Midi Keyboard + 1 CD Deck + Mic.

I think the above would make for a great performace tool.

Damon_Chambers

Post by Damon_Chambers » Mon Sep 19, 2005 1:34 am

Jupes wrote:The guy from the video clip reckons it will retail for about £1300, which is great.

Ableton + Xone + Midi Keyboard + 1 CD Deck + Mic.

I think the above would make for a great performace tool.
what is so funny (to me) is 2 years ago i was a vinyl die-hard. i would never leave my vinyl.

with all the options out there now, the only reason i want a turntable is so i can rip vinyl to the computer in digital format. :)