the best VST ever

Discuss music production with Ableton Live.
FaX-01

Post by FaX-01 » Mon Sep 26, 2005 4:09 am

My Favourites - Freeware

KarmaFX - Modular
DMI - Foorius
Klangerformer - Ninja / Rebel2 / Sonic
Concrete FX - Ensembler / Rock
Propellerhead - Rebirth338
Ugo - Motion / Texture / String Theory
Plugsound - Plugsound Free
Odo - SeeqOne / Purple

Enough kahoona's in that bunch too do some blistering work with Impulse + Simpler in Live IMHO.
My aren't the wings of butterflies beautiful and do they not make wonderful perturbations.....

rolfski

Post by rolfski » Mon Sep 26, 2005 9:20 pm

Z3ta+, best VST synth ever made..

conny

Re: the best VST ever

Post by conny » Thu Sep 29, 2005 10:49 am

Machinate wrote: Splonki actually allows the user to resequence incoming audio via midi live.... pretty damned cool. I could never get Glitch to work on my machine... it crashed live several times.
Checked it, a fun little bastard. Thanks for tip.
// C
PC Laptop Acer, XP Home SP2, build in crappy sound card.
Bleeps and Blops!
http://bluemoose.greatnow.com/

mexique1

Post by mexique1 » Thu Sep 29, 2005 11:01 am

glitch absolutely rocks, it's the only plugin of this type that doesn't do ONLY random effects
i've sent the audio out of all my drum tracks into an audio track with glitch and assigned a few midi clips to trigger the solo buttons of the independent effects : it squarepusherizes my beats 8O
RS7000 >> Live 4.1.4 >> Virus B
Desktop : Win XP Pro SP1, E-MU 1212M
Laptop : Win XP Pro SP2, M-Audio FW410

conny

Post by conny » Thu Sep 29, 2005 11:36 am

mexique1 wrote:glitch absolutely rocks
Had to test Glitch too and I like it, don't know exactly what it does but anyway. Fun on vocals. No problems yet in Live. The developer warns us to try in the host before bying.

Feeding the same sound to two instances of Glitch, panned left/right, produces some very arty outcome.

// C
Bleeps and Blops!

Mbazzy

Post by Mbazzy » Thu Sep 29, 2005 11:38 am

Favourite vst(i)/Au : Plogue Bidule ... :twisted: 8)
http://www.mbazzy.tk -
Mbazzy's "The dysfunctional playground, a scrapbook a bout the shape of useless things" now OUT on Retinascan - http://www.retinascan.de

conny

Post by conny » Thu Sep 29, 2005 11:41 am

Mbazzy wrote:Favourite vst(i)/Au : Plogue Bidule ... :twisted: 8)
Yes. I felt like Bidule is beyond all comparision, so didn't mention it... 8)

// C
Bleeps and Blops!

Moody

Post by Moody » Thu Sep 29, 2005 3:47 pm

Okay, had to make and update.

imPoscar and Glitch <- I am purchasing this bad maamajama ASAP.
Ableton’s engineers are hard
at work developing code that will allow our software to predict the future, but we don’t
anticipate having this available until at least the next major release.

Q&A

Post by Q&A » Fri Nov 25, 2005 8:01 am

Holy shit! this plug is rockin-in........

however I got to thinkin.....

I looked at what this "Beat Repeat" on steroids was doing and decided that I would try to design a Set in Live that mimmics what it does.

By the way, I almost bought the pulgin just now, but I have had to curb my impulses lately cuz I don't have a jobby-job. So this work around is for anyone in a similar situation.

Here is what I did.

1. loaded a drum loop into Live track in session view.

2. loaded these effects into Return Track A: BeatRepeat/Saturate/Chorus/BeatRepeat

3. I assigned the Audio track to crossfae 'A' and assigned Return Track A to crossfade 'B'. My Crossfader is mapped to PitchBend, for the center crossfader slot qwerty 4,5, and6 (on the number pad PC), and to F# and A#, for the right and left crossfader slots, on midi keyboard.

4. I adjusted the settings of the effects.

Beat Repeat 1 - INTRVL=1/4 OFFST=8/16 GRD=1/32 VAR=6 CHANCE=100% GATE=7/16 FLTR=on @ 1.00khz & 4.00(Q) and I have it set to "GATE" with DB=0.0

Saturator- set to medium and the rest default.

Chorus- DLY1=.01ms DLY2='Fix' and level slider is mapped to a knob of my Ozone controller...FDBCK=95% everything else is default.

Beat Repeat 2- Set the Blend to 'INS", turn the effect level down about 4db and leave the rest default

Then I recorded the live mixing tweaks into the arrangement.....and I will post some mp3's shortly.

Someting I thought about, but haven't actually get to it yet, is to make several sends with similar settings for further simutaneously tweaked goofynesses' or maybe send the out puts to audio tracks set to monitor the output of the track with sound on it as opposed to, or in addition to, using the sends...as a matter of fact I am going to try that when i finish this post..

Im finding myself using Live for so many functions that could be done with a third party plug.. Honestly it feels rewarding to max out my main program, Live, and use it for just about every phase of what Im doing.

Sweet!

Maybe someone else will go into more depth to see how to emulate more functions, of the dblue Glitch, by just using Live factory stuff.

WOW....I really am poor right now. 30 eur is not that much money, but the stuff is adding up and I keep purchasing frivolous items off ebay and such. I accept Paypal donations too by the way, it is that time of year where people pretend to be nice to eachother...hahahaha...just kidding..but not really.........so yeah....just ask for my paypal account :cry:

Q&A

Post by Q&A » Fri Nov 25, 2005 9:46 am

There is no best VST. But we all know that right? nobody is being that specific...are they?

I like Kyma. Doesn't seem to be very well known or widely used. Probably because it is expensive.

http://www.symbolicsound.com/cgi-bin/bi ... ny/WebHome

Joost

Post by Joost » Wed Jan 04, 2006 11:50 pm

mexique1 wrote:glitch absolutely rocks, it's the only plugin of this type that doesn't do ONLY random effects
i've sent the audio out of all my drum tracks into an audio track with glitch and assigned a few midi clips to trigger the solo buttons of the independent effects : it squarepusherizes my beats 8O
How do you assign the to the solo buttons? The solo buttons don't show as automatable on my setup. the 127 controllers are assigned to other functions

Thanks in advance