Needed live feature, you'll all probably agree...

Discuss music production with Ableton Live.

Good idea?

Yes!
69%
No!
31%

Total votes: 16

detroitechno

Needed live feature, you'll all probably agree...

Post by detroitechno » Mon Sep 26, 2005 11:31 pm

I'm sure many of you also use two soundcards. your internal soundcard for monitoring while working on sets and a true firewire/usb/pcmcia sound card for shows and such...

problem is, when you boot the program, there is always the 'audio is disabled' message. what would be a great idea is if there was an 'auto fallback' audio property. so when you boot live while on the road without your gigging sound card it automatically drops down to your internal sound card.

you'd need visual reference because in a show if your main card wasn't recognized, you'd have to know. so while in the 'fall back' mode, the bottom left bar would be yellow or something to notify you your main sound card isn't in use.

you could also setup 'templates' where when it falls back, your specific latency, in/out enabled/disabled and such would all default. and possibly you could even have different 'templates' where settings are different for various tasks.

it's always bothered me I had to go into my properties page, setup my internal card, work on something for 2 min's while in a hotel, get to the show, and go back into my properties page and set my main card as default again.

anyone else agree here?
A bunch of gear, cords, and a computer...

Komplex

Post by Komplex » Mon Sep 26, 2005 11:49 pm

I hear ya!

Tarekith

Post by Tarekith » Tue Sep 27, 2005 12:10 am

Definitely, this is something that bugs me too.

robtronik

Post by robtronik » Tue Sep 27, 2005 12:11 am

good idea.

:)

rob.

dtm

Post by dtm » Tue Sep 27, 2005 9:45 am

Thats gotta be in the next update... It's been the only thing that p's me off when I take the lappy to bed...
That came out wrong.
8O

sqook

Post by sqook » Tue Sep 27, 2005 12:55 pm

I had to check the date of your post before replying... I haven't seen this happen at all to me since switching to live5. I routinely use an m-audio fw1814 in the studio and it just goes back to the apple internal card when I get home.

And for the record, you can disable the audio check at bootup in Options.txt.....