Paul Van Dyk uses ABLETON LIVE!

Discuss music production with Ableton Live.
Rx

Post by Rx » Tue Oct 04, 2005 1:55 pm

jbible wrote:I honestly cant stand NY and I just get angry everytime I visit there.
i have the joy of spending 3 days a week there, a time when i marvel at the insipid nature of the tragically hip, with their trucker hats, proto-mullets and 'so-bad-its-good' costumes. i was surprised when mr. Hawtin [insert Famous DJ Using Live Asshole, err Opinion HERE] moved there, and much less surprised when he moved out. didn't he leave NYC for the lazy capital of the world?
Arp Laszlo
arphaus.com

Dell 6000d: 2.0ghz Pentium 760 | 1gb DDR2 ram
Echo Indigo DJ | Korg microKONTROL | faded black t-shirt emblazoned with 'Detroit' in gothic type

zebastian21

Post by zebastian21 » Tue Oct 04, 2005 2:05 pm

Rx wrote:
jbible wrote:I honestly cant stand NY and I just get angry everytime I visit there.
i have the joy of spending 3 days a week there, a time when i marvel at the insipid nature of the tragically hip, with their trucker hats, proto-mullets and 'so-bad-its-good' costumes. i was surprised when mr. Hawtin [insert Famous DJ Using Live Asshole, err Opinion HERE] moved there, and much less surprised when he moved out. didn't he leave NYC for the lazy capital of the world?
NYC is not at its best right now musicly speaking...but it remains the capital of the world for international business. therefore many artist find NYC the best place to be since it means BUsiness....money...power....and there is were the arts suffer. i have to admit im not a fan of the NYC electronic scene at this moment, but im 100% it will happen again...after all its NYC!! the most famous city in the world...lol
stop talking.....start working...:)
Macbook pro. Logic pro/Live. Access Virus Ti. Genelec 8040. my bread and butter :)

Rx

Post by Rx » Tue Oct 04, 2005 2:17 pm

i have doubts that it will happen in ny again. i think it's more likely that communities spread out over the world that use the web to stay in touch & focussed will be the next set of creators.
Arp Laszlo
arphaus.com

Echo Indigo DJ | Korg microKONTROL | faded black t-shirt emblazoned with 'Detroit' in gothic type

supster

Post by supster » Tue Oct 04, 2005 2:25 pm

mosca wrote:
its not neccessary.
eh, yes it is. implying and stating are 2 different things. You're dissing me for having an opinion and i'm asking you to prove your point.
dont need to. its all implied by context. its human nature

plus, a quick search on your name turns up a lot of arrogant, negative sounding crap which is better left where it is :) that was already a waste of 2 minutes of my life. go look for yourself if this bothers you.
--
NEW SPECS: Athlon 4200+ dual; A8N-SLI m/b; Win XP Home SP2; 1 GB RAM; 2x 7200 RPM HDD: 1 internal, 1 Firewire 800 (Firewire is project data drive); M-Audio Triggerfinger

josh 'vonster' von; tracks and sets
http://www.joshvon.com

Sinjin

Post by Sinjin » Tue Oct 04, 2005 2:32 pm

all the greatest creative minds now live in central florida. they have bands with names like 'big mother thruster.' cmon admit it...u woudl give any amount of money to live in the creative hotbed that gave you matchbox 20, 7 mary 3, britney spears, nsync, and the backstreet boys. you cant help but have some of that industry-bucking brilliance rub off on you by spending 10 minutes on orange ave.
"I shoulda done the hat dance..."
http://www.myspace.com/ibsinjin - Where I posts my tunes

mosca

Post by mosca » Tue Oct 04, 2005 2:35 pm

hahaha - yeah, whatever. i'm negative and sarcastic so what. i've never stated that i'm any better (or worse) than any of you.

hoffman2k

Post by hoffman2k » Tue Oct 04, 2005 2:39 pm

It's funny. These discussions always get heated...
And for what...

Somebody calls a trance dj a god....
Out come the people who hate trance..
Which in turn brings out the trance lovers..

Somehow i don't think that these discussions have anything to do with how famous a dj is. :wink:

supster

Post by supster » Tue Oct 04, 2005 2:44 pm

mosca wrote:hahaha - yeah, whatever. i'm negative and sarcastic so what. i've never stated that i'm any better (or worse) than any of you.
no, but my saracasm is funny and yours isnt.
--
NEW SPECS: Athlon 4200+ dual; A8N-SLI m/b; Win XP Home SP2; 1 GB RAM; 2x 7200 RPM HDD: 1 internal, 1 Firewire 800 (Firewire is project data drive); M-Audio Triggerfinger

supster

Post by supster » Tue Oct 04, 2005 2:45 pm

Sinjin wrote:all the greatest creative minds now live in central florida. they have bands with names like 'big mother thruster.' cmon admit it...u woudl give any amount of money to live in the creative hotbed that gave you matchbox 20, 7 mary 3, britney spears, nsync, and the backstreet boys. you cant help but have some of that industry-bucking brilliance rub off on you by spending 10 minutes on orange ave.
lol
--

Amberience

Post by Amberience » Tue Oct 04, 2005 2:56 pm

You guys really suck. :roll:

amo

Post by amo » Tue Oct 04, 2005 2:59 pm

Amberience wrote:You guys really suck. :roll:
no no !~ I love it ! go on guys !!!!!
Live 5.0.3 - IBM Thinkpad R51 1.5ghz Centrino - 1,5 Go RAM - 7200 RPM 2nd HDD intern - RME Multiface - Windows XP Pro SP2

Kage

Post by Kage » Tue Oct 04, 2005 9:20 pm

I think Detroit is still a good place to be in terms of electronic music.. there is a lot going on during the weekend for gigs and most of the DJs are really solid here, so you can hear good music all the time..
the up and coming producers work hard and push each other to do well.. and plus you have to be good here to be noticed, so no lazyness.. :)

Paranoid

Post by Paranoid » Tue Oct 04, 2005 10:09 pm

Other switchers:
Nick Warren...
Liam Howlett..
John Fleming..

Its a matter of time till they all go Live...

mosca

Post by mosca » Wed Oct 05, 2005 11:27 am

wait a minute - you were being sarcastic?

hahahahahah - you whacky americans

Rx

Post by Rx » Wed Oct 05, 2005 3:33 pm

paul van dyk always makes me think of a baseball player named andy van slyke. i've been to one baseball game in my life (thankfully just one - the game is most boring) and i was sitting in the cheapest seats in the stadium. that also meant that i was sitting near the drunkest people in the stadium, one of whom was a shirtless (in 40F weather), beerbellied guy who yelled ad nauseum 'van slyke likes dikes! van slyke likes dikes!' it'd be amusing to find the guy and bring him to a paul van dyk show.
Arp Laszlo
arphaus.com