a new ...

Discuss music production with Ableton Live.
jeskola

a new ...

Post by jeskola » Wed Oct 05, 2005 1:11 pm

Tune :o

Here you go - a new track i have been working on, this is a 320 quality mp3 for playing out. Quite techy/proggy - nice builder/peaktimer. all with ableton and my new toy reaktor 5.

http://www.stevenfoulds.co.uk/heliosphere_hq.mp3

let me know what you think "!!

theres a 192 mp3 if that take to long to download :

http://www.stevenfoulds.co.uk/tracks

enjoy it !! :D

forge

Post by forge » Wed Oct 05, 2005 3:45 pm

nice work - very of the digweed persuasion

stallos

Post by stallos » Wed Oct 05, 2005 4:09 pm

liking it, as you know mate :wink:

leave the high quality mp3 up there and I will d/l from home tonight

cheers
stal

Krugger

Post by Krugger » Wed Oct 05, 2005 4:31 pm

i wish more people (i mean, besides this forum) could listen to this track

it is living proof you don't 1978973 VSTs + 58 synths + 4 sequencers installed (and you don't know how to use any) + millions of GBs of samples

to think, build and finish a track

ps: Although Reaktor5 is a bad boy, as I've heard! Tell me: do you need much technical knowledge of sound etc to operate that bitch? Or is it not too difficult to understand/use?

Kr.

jeskola

Post by jeskola » Wed Oct 05, 2005 4:59 pm

Krugger wrote:i wish more people (i mean, besides this forum) could listen to this track

it is living proof you don't 1978973 VSTs + 58 synths + 4 sequencers installed (and you don't know how to use any) + millions of GBs of samples

to think, build and finish a track

ps: Although Reaktor5 is a bad boy, as I've heard! Tell me: do you need much technical knowledge of sound etc to operate that bitch? Or is it not too difficult to understand/use?

Kr.
Hey thanks./
Ive onl;y been writing tracks since christmas, ableton was my first sequencer - though i did use buzz (hence the username Jeskola) for a month or so before i bought it... i got reaktor around beginning of august and ive found it pretty straight forward to use, though saying that im not using the sequencers or live tools - just the synths, though i have dabbled with building my own synth with the core audio stuf - in fact it reminds me a lot of Buzz!!.

I'm lucky i have a few people around me who can guide me with prodction and answer questions i have - my big leap was when i started understanding compression and EQ!

I dont have a TV :o and havent had one for around a year, sp eberything i do really is music based... i basically went through the tutorials in rajktor then just strated twiddling things - i picked up what did waht pretty quick - this forum has also helped me a lot though (with terminologies , what things mean etc) !!

Ive used ableton to DJ since january - so my production kind of improved the more i DJd with live... im quite happy with reaktor - its not that scary!!

conny

Post by conny » Wed Oct 05, 2005 10:20 pm

Nice.
Like the new life fused into it at approx 2/3.

The end is kind of a bit lame though IMHO

// C
PC Laptop Acer, XP Home SP2, build in crappy sound card.
Bleeps and Blops!
http://bluemoose.greatnow.com/