Rewiring Live 5 (slave) Logic 6 (master)

Discuss music production with Ableton Live.
Daduk

Rewiring Live 5 (slave) Logic 6 (master)

Post by Daduk » Thu Oct 13, 2005 8:58 am

Hello all,

Via the Yahoo Logic forum I found a workaround to work with Live and Logic via Rewire which fullfils my needs. I just need one more thing.

Is there a possibility to resample the master-output of Logic into an audio track of Live via resampling?

Reason that I ask this is that I use Spectrasonics Stylus RMX and this plug-in gives you the ability to use all kind of freaky (buzz) effects and I want to capture the real-time adjustments that I make with the effects on audio.

Thanks.

Per Boysen

Post by Per Boysen » Thu Oct 13, 2005 9:19 am

You may use SoundFlower or Jack to virtually pipe an audio stream back from Logic into a Live track.

But personally I think I would have solved it by bouncing the RMX to an audio file from Logic to edit the best buzz parts and use either in an audio track in Logic or as audi clips in Live.

Last year I did an album where I use a lot of Live rewired into Logic and it really helped to create audio files of things. Not only to save CPU cycles but also because minimizing the creative options in this way often leads to a more unique musical expression.
Greetings from Sweden

Per Boysen
http://www.perboysen.com

Daduk

Post by Daduk » Thu Oct 13, 2005 9:40 am

Hi Per!!

You are my man:)

The problem of bouncing in Logic Pro 6 is that you can't bounce real-time while playing with the effects/chaos in RMX. You can accomplish this via resampling in Live but again not when in slave mode.

But thaen your advice of minimizing the creative options is a good tip!
I keep going on with all the possibillities instead of finishing my tracks.

I will follow your advice.

Thanks and btw you can ignore my message o the Logic forum because it's the same question;)

Daduk

Per Boysen

Post by Per Boysen » Thu Oct 13, 2005 9:52 am

Daduk wrote:you can ignore my message o the Logic forum because it's the same question;)
LOL - it's a small world. At least the virtual one ;-)
Greetings from Sweden

Per Boysen
http://www.perboysen.com