Notes Cut Off In Impulse

Discuss music production with Ableton Live.
ewik

Post by ewik » Mon Oct 17, 2005 8:47 pm

you could load the same sample into two slots and just use the second one for when the first gets cut off, if that doesn't work (polyphony issue?), then just add another track with another impulse and a copy of the sample that gets cut off. this seems like a problem thats going to have to be dealt with even if efficiency is slightly spared.

Silicon/Silicium

Post by Silicon/Silicium » Sun Jul 20, 2008 7:16 pm

almost 3 years later, any fix for that one???

interceptor

Post by interceptor » Sun Jul 20, 2008 8:00 pm

The abes have been aware of this problem for a long time. Alex made a statement in this thread : http://www.ableton.com/forum/viewtopic.php?t=63101
Alex wrote:Hi folks,

Indeed, that is a weak point.

Several Impulse bugs are by design because of the voice architecture of the Impulse. To change that would mean a complete restructuring of the Impulse itself. Therefore these issues are not yet addressed.

There are rough plans for such kind of restructuring to happen in future releases. It is true, that the Impulse would not get much attention in the Live 7 release. I hope we can address that in future version.

Sorry for the inconveniences.
Regards,
/Alex

Silicon/Silicium

Post by Silicon/Silicium » Sun Jul 20, 2008 9:37 pm

damn, that means paying updates... strangely I just noticide that today, after almost 4 years of work with live. Maybe I could live with it, waiting Live for 8 (I haven't updated to live 7 considering the lack of session automation recording, so no drumracks for me...)...