Just a thought while im at work.........Looping.

Discuss music production with Ableton Live.
voodoo23

Just a thought while im at work.........Looping.

Post by voodoo23 » Fri Oct 14, 2005 3:49 pm

Last night i started to warp tracks ready for a dj set. While warping the tracks, i was looping 4 bar sections to get them perfectly in time etc etc. While doing this i was coming across 4 bar sections that would be great for freestyling with and remixing the tracks etc etc. Im at work now, so can't use live, and im wondering (because im still a novice) is it possible to 'grab' a 4 bar section that i have looped and put it straight into a new clip? ive looked at the manual but don't really know what im looking for. This a proberbly a really stupid question, so appologies in advance.

Any help would be most appreciated,

Cheers,

Matt

Michael-SW

Post by Michael-SW » Fri Oct 14, 2005 3:56 pm

Ctrl-drag (or is it Shift? It is in my fingers, not my brain...) to a new slot (to make a copy). Set start and end markers and you are all set. :D

Won't take up any more space either - Live understands that it is the same file you are using.

Edit: If you want to convert them into proper separate audio files, you have to Consolidate the new clip. But that is not really necessary.

voodoo23

Post by voodoo23 » Fri Oct 14, 2005 4:04 pm

Wahay!!!! thanks for the speed of light reply! i can get my groove on tonight now! :D 8) :lol: :P

the dark wizard

Post by the dark wizard » Fri Oct 14, 2005 7:15 pm

you should be out getting munterd tonight.....not playing with live :twisted: