burning a gapless dj mix with track points

Discuss music production with Ableton Live.
hacktheplanet

Post by hacktheplanet » Tue Oct 18, 2005 8:24 am

Jesse wrote:Or just do it in Live 5. Set markers where you want them between songs, right click on them to Loop between markers, and render the output, burning the results in your burn app (such as toast) with no space between, and 2 seconds before the first track. Someone should do a tutorial on this. Oops, that would be me.
This is the best way, I promise.

amo

Post by amo » Tue Oct 18, 2005 9:05 am

rikhyray wrote:You cannot do it with Soundforge ? New SF has CD Architect built in . That is nice about Wavelab, takes few seconds to do the whole thing. Unfortunately since i have very new laptop it will take months till I will be able to do it with WL (till drivers updates- on theWL side, Steinberg support- the worst of 3 worlds). It works with Nero but I dont want it on my new pc. Vegas should have some burn functions.
Ok thanks for the info I didn't know that SF had CD architect built in now. I only have an old version. Vegas does it very easily, yes, that's what I'm using now - looks like a real mastering tools (PQ code-wise), whereas I don' like to work with wavelab, but it's only a personnal taste.

Jesse, you'd better speed it up and get to work ! :lol:

Kind regards,
amo
Live 5.0.3 - IBM Thinkpad R51 1.5ghz Centrino - 1,5 Go RAM - 7200 RPM 2nd HDD intern - RME Multiface - Windows XP Pro SP2

jbible

Post by jbible » Tue Oct 18, 2005 10:49 am

Nero can do it all for you. Just load the long single audio file into nero to burn. Right click > properties > click the indexs, limits, and splits tab.

Its all right there. Then save your compilation with your audio file and anytime you burn it the splits will be there.
experimedia.net - label and mailorder - 15% OFF THROUGH FEB 14TH
jeremybible.com | jeremy bible & jason henry

amo

Post by amo » Tue Oct 18, 2005 10:53 am

jbible wrote:Nero can do it all for you. Just load the long single audio file into nero to burn. Right click > properties > click the indexs, limits, and splits tab.

Its all right there. Then save your compilation with your audio file and anytime you burn it the splits will be there.
woho ! seems like I learnt something even more exciting today. thanks mate, after like 8 years of using Nero, I discover that I've been doing very unusefull silly things.... :oops: Now I'll RTFM....

Thanks again....
amo
Live 5.0.3 - IBM Thinkpad R51 1.5ghz Centrino - 1,5 Go RAM - 7200 RPM 2nd HDD intern - RME Multiface - Windows XP Pro SP2

jbible

Post by jbible » Tue Oct 18, 2005 11:19 am

No problemo. I didnt figure it out right away either.

You can also go the CUE SHEET route if you like.
experimedia.net - label and mailorder - 15% OFF THROUGH FEB 14TH
jeremybible.com | jeremy bible & jason henry

sweetjesus

Post by sweetjesus » Sat Jan 07, 2006 9:41 pm

http://www.macworld.com/2002/05/bc/31analog/

Just came across that tutorial on how to burn LP onto CD for mac, think apple users will find it informative on how to make their long dj sets split across tracks on a crApple.

mike holiday

Post by mike holiday » Sat Jan 07, 2006 9:52 pm

dj_statikfire wrote:Live SUCKS for not having markers.

THX,
Jason D

live 5 has markers
dual 1.8 G4 10.4.9 w/768 ram & A&H xone 3D

"I ain't often right but I've never been wrong"

sweetjesus

Post by sweetjesus » Sat Jan 07, 2006 10:15 pm

mike holiday wrote:
dj_statikfire wrote:Live SUCKS for not having markers.

THX,
Jason D

live 5 has markers
i wish live would let you put textual information and associate it with warp markers within a track. that way i could note down interesting places to cue in other tracks

martian

Post by martian » Sun Jan 08, 2006 8:40 am

Or just do it in Live 5. Set markers where you want them between songs, right click on them to Loop between markers, and render the output, burning the results in your burn app (such as toast) with no space between, and 2 seconds before the first track. Someone should do a tutorial on this. Oops, that would be me.

listen carefully of this tho - u might get clicks or pops... CD's have a frame rate of 74 frames per second - according to cd standards you have to end the track at the edge of a frame .

i use the peak method... go thro add markers at changeover points - ( don't forget the first one a 00:00 and at the end) select all and convert markers to regions... export or save as jam image....

markers would be nice tho - the locators can be used for this purpose tho? then right click on the locator and loop to next locator..

but on the subject of compilation albums how do you beat and tempo match between tracks?

I go with the automatic autowarp turned off.... manually turn it back on clip by clip if I need to shift a few beats? this works Ok but occasionally I'll wish it was on the other setting - especially if I want to mix longer pieces

I did try with "autowarp on import" turned on but then spent ages putting tempo changes in...