the old Live & Reason question

Discuss music production with Ableton Live.

the old Live & Reason question

Post by Guest » Fri Mar 07, 2003 2:01 pm

ok sorry if this has been covered many times before, but to those of you using both reason & live, how do you go about working them together? and do you use both when playing out live, or just rely on Live in those situations?

thanks.

m-laboratories.net

??

Post by m-laboratories.net » Fri Mar 07, 2003 2:39 pm

I too am interested in this question.

Specifically with regard to automation. I understand that "rewire" is the protocol to connect these apps, but.... specifically:

How difficult is it to synchronize the automation in the two programs? I can easily imagine this being a giant headache.

Can Reason's parameters be automated in Live whatsoever?

And if you use Reason, why didn't you pick Kontakt, Absynth, Pro53, etc ?

Any and all answers will be greatly appreciated...

-Chris.

Geraldo

Post by Geraldo » Fri Mar 07, 2003 3:16 pm

You are right. That is an old question. And has been discussed ad nauseum on this forum. But for the sake of the boolean search challenged.
Reason does everything that the above mentioned apps can do and Reason does it more simply and more reliably and better (IMHO). Reason rewired with Live can do anything Logic or Cubase can do plus a whole lot of elastic audio stuff that they can't do. Together they do everything faster that anything else available on the market. But then, why not spend some time investigating the demos for yourself?

Re: ??

Post by Guest » Fri Mar 07, 2003 4:38 pm

m-laboratories.net wrote:I too am interested in this question.

Specifically with regard to automation. I understand that "rewire" is the protocol to connect these apps, but.... specifically:

How difficult is it to synchronize the automation in the two programs? I can easily imagine this being a giant headache.

-Chris.
its not a headache at all, very simple, very stable.

E-Doo

ReWire

Post by E-Doo » Fri Mar 07, 2003 5:58 pm

ReWire is very easy to use and is clearly explained in the Live manual. I tend to use Reason to export samples or loops and then drag these into Live and work exclusively in live or Cubase. But using ReWire is easy and works pretty well.

Satellite Splinter - http://www.ampcast.com/satellitesplinter