Urgent Question, Need Help

Discuss music production with Ableton Live.

Urgent Question, Need Help

Post by Guest » Sat Mar 08, 2003 1:48 am

If I by Live, is it possible to map individual drum hits/clips to a midi controller and trigger them like a drum sampler. I make hiphop and I'm aware that technicaly this can be done but will the out come be desireable.

you know when you record, its best to have as much instrumentation as possible on it's own track, so I thought why not just load my drumkits into live, hits on seperate clips and actualy program the beats that way, then the hits would already be on their own tracks for further processing.

does this work well in practice, or do they not trigger correctly?, are there any downsides to this idea at all?
i would appreciate anyones imput on this.

Alex

Post by Alex » Sat Mar 08, 2003 3:38 am

Hi,

yes, it's possible to do this.
Feel free to try out the demo version of Live (available in the download section of our website: http://www.ableton.com/content/content-download.php) to get sure that it will work like expected.

regards,
Alex

Post by Guest » Sat Mar 08, 2003 7:17 am

thank you for responding, I just had one more question, do the clips respond to velocity, I have an akai mpd16 pad controller that I plan to use

monolake

velocity

Post by monolake » Sat Mar 08, 2003 3:00 pm

...unfortunately the answer to your question is : no. not yet. but we know that this would be a nice feature.

cheers, robert / ableton