why is Iraq so obsessed with America!?

Discussion of music production, audio, equipment and any related topics, either with or without Ableton Live
smutek
Posts: 4489
Joined: Sun Mar 02, 2003 3:30 pm
Location: Baltimore,United States

Post by smutek » Mon Oct 24, 2005 8:10 pm

The whole thing has been twisted by the terrorist. It only "appears" that the United States was the agressor but the whole thing was actually a very clever deception that led the United States to unwillingly invade. Our great and fearless leaders really had no choice.

With that out of the way I will adress the question at hand. Iraq is run by the terrorist. They are obsessed with America and want to come and destroy our freedom, take away our starbucks, our walmarts, our block busters, and our McDonalds french fries. It makes me want to cry, I am so scared and thank JESUS every day that I have good hearted and competent leaders to protect me.

The terrorist is in league with the liberal left, so after the terrorist destroys our freedom the liberal left will make it legal for faggots to get married. And there will definitely be no hamburgers or freedom when the liberla left and the faggots take over - everything will be healhy, arty and queer. I wish they would all move to another country, like Europe or something.

Duh, I thought that was all obvious.

forge
Posts: 17422
Joined: Wed Apr 21, 2004 9:47 am
Location: Queensland, AU
Contact:

Post by forge » Tue Oct 25, 2005 3:42 am

smutek wrote:The whole thing has been twisted by the terrorist. It only "appears" that the United States was the agressor but the whole thing was actually a very clever deception that led the United States to unwillingly invade. Our great and fearless leaders really had no choice.

With that out of the way I will adress the question at hand. Iraq is run by the terrorist. They are obsessed with America and want to come and destroy our freedom, take away our starbucks, our walmarts, our block busters, and our McDonalds french fries. It makes me want to cry, I am so scared and thank JESUS every day that I have good hearted and competent leaders to protect me.

The terrorist is in league with the liberal left, so after the terrorist destroys our freedom the liberal left will make it legal for faggots to get married. And there will definitely be no hamburgers or freedom when the liberla left and the faggots take over - everything will be healhy, arty and queer. I wish they would all move to another country, like Europe or something.

Duh, I thought that was all obvious.
:lol:

man, what tthe USA seriously needs is another civil war. Jjust split up. If it had never annexed Texas in the first place Dubbya would never have been guvner and we'd all be saved!

And this time round, it shouldnt be north vs south, there could just be a nationwide basic IQ test and world geography and politics exam and only the ones who can find "rest of the world" on a map can join the rest of the world and the others will have to form a new nation, "the United States of Yokel" and Dubbya be their president. He'd be nowhere near as powerful without the brainy ones and no one would care if he said things like "the nation of Africa"

Actually, it's only a matter of time before we're just part of one of the big 3 nations like "Oceania", then we'd only ever need to be at war with Eurasia or Eastasia so it would be less confusing. Then we could all drink victory gin and everything would be double plus good.

udp
Posts: 962
Joined: Sun Feb 01, 2004 2:36 am
Location: Mid Michigan, USA

Post by udp » Tue Oct 25, 2005 12:24 pm

You guys are getting too serious again. Iraq is obsessed with America because our women can be women and so can our men. What I'm saying is it is our freedom that the majority of Iraqis wish for and it is our freedom that the terroists within Iraq fear.
OS X.5 MacBook Core 2Duo 2.2ghz, 2Gig RAM Mackie Onyx 400F m-audio BX8's, Oxygen 8, Zoom H-4, Alesis Masterlink, Bitstream 3x
http://www.udpmusic.com

swpspce
Posts: 46
Joined: Sun Jun 27, 2004 8:39 pm

Post by swpspce » Tue Oct 25, 2005 12:49 pm

smutek wrote:The whole thing has been twisted by the terrorist. It only "appears" that the United States was the agressor but the whole thing was actually a very clever deception that led the United States to unwillingly invade. Our great and fearless leaders really had no choice.

With that out of the way I will adress the question at hand. Iraq is run by the terrorist. They are obsessed with America and want to come and destroy our freedom, take away our starbucks, our walmarts, our block busters, and our McDonalds french fries. It makes me want to cry, I am so scared and thank JESUS every day that I have good hearted and competent leaders to protect me.

The terrorist is in league with the liberal left, so after the terrorist destroys our freedom the liberal left will make it legal for faggots to get married. And there will definitely be no hamburgers or freedom when the liberla left and the faggots take over - everything will be healhy, arty and queer. I wish they would all move to another country, like Europe or something.

Duh, I thought that was all obvious.
power of nightmares - opps - the power of sweet ignorance
Apple PowerBook 12" 1Ghz 512mb Ram...ReMOTE 25, Live 4 beta 4, Kontakt, Reaktor

noisetonepause
Posts: 4935
Joined: Sat Dec 28, 2002 3:38 pm
Location: Second row from the expensive puddle, under ten others

Post by noisetonepause » Tue Oct 25, 2005 12:52 pm

Errr... I think Iraqi women have always been able to be (Iraqi) women - and they had it very good under Saddam (with the obvious exceptions - but those applied to men as well), just like they do under Qadhafi in Libya.

Not so in Saudi, though...
Last edited by noisetonepause on Tue Oct 25, 2005 1:00 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Machinate
Posts: 11646
Joined: Thu Jun 24, 2004 2:15 pm
Location: Denmark
Contact:

Post by Machinate » Tue Oct 25, 2005 1:00 pm

udp wrote:What I'm saying is it is our freedom that the majority of Iraqis wish for and it is our freedom that the terroists within Iraq fear.
I think it is "freedom" in general they wish for, not "Your freedom", which is probably why millions of iraqi support insurgence. The Western Version of Freedom (tm) is very much at the heart of this problem.
mbp 2.66, osx 10.6.8, 8GB ram.

noisetonepause
Posts: 4935
Joined: Sat Dec 28, 2002 3:38 pm
Location: Second row from the expensive puddle, under ten others

Post by noisetonepause » Tue Oct 25, 2005 1:02 pm

turn off that camera, we can't have
"this one's pretending to be dead"
on prime time tv
it's bad publicity
we need something carb free
for the
hearts and minds
we won't find it on al-jazeera
but it's much easier than bbc
mr murdoch, please, one two three
fox my mind away
and for the heart there's
mackie dee, mackie dee
the best restaurant in the baghdad

udp
Posts: 962
Joined: Sun Feb 01, 2004 2:36 am
Location: Mid Michigan, USA

Post by udp » Tue Oct 25, 2005 1:27 pm

Machinate wrote:
udp wrote:What I'm saying is it is our freedom that the majority of Iraqis wish for and it is our freedom that the terroists within Iraq fear.
I think it is "freedom" in general they wish for, not "Your freedom", which is probably why millions of iraqi support insurgence. The Western Version of Freedom (tm) is very much at the heart of this problem.
Not exactly sure what the difference between freedom and western freedom is. I think that if millions supported the insurgency, then they would not have turned out in droves to vote on their constitution. If the insurgency could win politically instead of violently, would they? It seems to me the "power" of Saddam's government was violence, not support. I am grateful that the rape rooms are shut, the torture chambers are closed, and the Iraqi people have the abililty to choose their own future. Yes, it was forced on themm through US intervention, but if it weren't for US intervention the French would be sprechen zie Deutsch today.
OS X.5 MacBook Core 2Duo 2.2ghz, 2Gig RAM Mackie Onyx 400F m-audio BX8's, Oxygen 8, Zoom H-4, Alesis Masterlink, Bitstream 3x
http://www.udpmusic.com

dazzer
Posts: 1240
Joined: Sun Feb 06, 2005 10:24 am

Post by dazzer » Tue Oct 25, 2005 1:43 pm

@udp

sorry, when and why exactly did the US join WW2?

and what has the fact that the US joined the allies and faught with them got to do with Iraq?

Just wondering...

amo
Posts: 1685
Joined: Sun Jun 20, 2004 10:30 am
Location: Paris/France
Contact:

Post by amo » Tue Oct 25, 2005 1:44 pm

udp wrote: Yes, it was forced on themm through US intervention, but if it weren't for US intervention the French would be sprechen zie Deutsch today.
Yeah now they eat Mc D******s, don't know how to cook anymore, watch brad pitt and ....
worst argument vs worst argument = 0
me thought when I was taught about sovietic propaganda, using the evil means of sound, pictures, video... "well, wtf ?"
All the best to all free people of the world.
Live 5.0.3 - IBM Thinkpad R51 1.5ghz Centrino - 1,5 Go RAM - 7200 RPM 2nd HDD intern - RME Multiface - Windows XP Pro SP2

noisetonepause
Posts: 4935
Joined: Sat Dec 28, 2002 3:38 pm
Location: Second row from the expensive puddle, under ten others

Post by noisetonepause » Tue Oct 25, 2005 1:46 pm

udp wrote:It seems to me the "power" of Saddam's government was violence, not support.
Few if any of the insurgents have anything to do with Saddam.
udp wrote:if it weren't for US intervention the French would be sprechen zie Deutsch today.
If it weren't for the French, there'd be no American republic, but never mind.

And that's 'would be Deutsch sprechen', if I'm not mistaken :) - and I don't think that scenario is entirely correct either. Who knows if Hitler could've beaten Stalin, even if he'd only had that one front to fight on, and then there are the resistance movements... but for the sake of argument, we'll say you're right: Thanks. Again.

-Paws
Last edited by noisetonepause on Tue Oct 25, 2005 1:50 pm, edited 1 time in total.

peeddrroo
Posts: 4767
Joined: Fri Mar 26, 2004 10:25 pm
Location: France

Post by peeddrroo » Tue Oct 25, 2005 1:48 pm

udp wrote:but if it weren't for US intervention the French would be sprechen zie Deutsch today.
i know we've been through this discussion a 100 times, and that this thread was being funny. still:
during WW2, the french (or at least a number of them) ASKED for the US to help them. and our country was INVADED by the troops of the Reich.
i haven't heard of a single Iraki being in exile and asking for international help to rid his country of Saddam.
and one thing is that, as soon as the US freed our country, there were at least 2 or 3 potential leaders for our country (including De Gaulle), whereas the US "freed" Irak, but now the country is lacking a leader that would federate the iraki ppl.

i think the comparison between WW2 and the situation in Irak doesn't make any sense and should be avoided.

forge
Posts: 17422
Joined: Wed Apr 21, 2004 9:47 am
Location: Queensland, AU
Contact:

Post by forge » Tue Oct 25, 2005 1:51 pm

I think the number one reason Iraq is obsessed with America is finger painting.

Did you know under Saddam fingerpainting was expressly forbidden? Yes, if you were caught applying paint without th eol' horse hair or nylon paintbrush you could have your hand cut off, or worse still your eyes poked out with McDonalds french..er sorry..freedom fires.

that should have been freedom FRIES but i thought it was such a good freudian slip that I left it in.

And I feel chuffed this thread has outlived the original one which it mocked. This is why I love Abletonia.

amo
Posts: 1685
Joined: Sun Jun 20, 2004 10:30 am
Location: Paris/France
Contact:

Post by amo » Tue Oct 25, 2005 1:59 pm

forge wrote:I think the number one reason Iraq is obsessed with America is finger painting.

Did you know under Saddam fingerpainting was expressly forbidden? Yes, if you were caught applying paint without th eol' horse hair or nylon paintbrush you could have your hand cut off, or worse still your eyes poked out with McDonalds french..er sorry..freedom fires.

that should have been freedom FRIES but i thought it was such a good freudian slip that I left it in.

And I feel chuffed this thread has outlived the original one which it mocked. This is why I love Abletonia.
True, I never like the name "french" flies...
But on a serious note, so true that at least finger painting was freed and That is something great. That god !
Live 5.0.3 - IBM Thinkpad R51 1.5ghz Centrino - 1,5 Go RAM - 7200 RPM 2nd HDD intern - RME Multiface - Windows XP Pro SP2

udp
Posts: 962
Joined: Sun Feb 01, 2004 2:36 am
Location: Mid Michigan, USA

Post by udp » Tue Oct 25, 2005 2:03 pm

Yeah guys, sorry failed German in college. javascript:emoticon(':oops:') There were thousands Iraqi exiles in the US whom were anxious for the overthrow of Saddam. Many have returned and are playing active roles in new Iraqi affairs.
OS X.5 MacBook Core 2Duo 2.2ghz, 2Gig RAM Mackie Onyx 400F m-audio BX8's, Oxygen 8, Zoom H-4, Alesis Masterlink, Bitstream 3x
http://www.udpmusic.com

Post Reply