I hope these freaks DONT use live...

Discuss music production with Ableton Live.
hoffman2k

Post by hoffman2k » Tue Oct 25, 2005 11:47 am

She puts the lotion on her skin. Or else she'll get the hose again :wink:

Cartman would know how to deal with these 2......

It's just as easy to learn racism... as it is to pick up your native language...
They'll eventually pay for something they don't understand yet.

Machinate

Post by Machinate » Tue Oct 25, 2005 12:01 pm

hehe, whenever faced with such a situation, ask yourself:
"what would Cartman do?"
mbp 2.66, osx 10.6.8, 8GB ram.

udp

Post by udp » Tue Oct 25, 2005 12:13 pm

Chris J wrote:
computo wrote:maybe people would have compassion for christians, if people like you had ANY compassion for OTHER beliefs. Your ilk make it extremly difficult for us in the states to find support for all encompassing free speech. Yet its your right to say such things, that we fight so valiantly to protect.
I know I could have compassion for christians if this religion hadn't been forced into people's brains by massacres and tortures.
Just look at the cruisades, and you'll see that the islamist integrists are largely far behind if you look at the numbers of people killed by christians for their other beliefs.
Oh, I tried not to get sucked into this one. What were the Crusades in respond to. The Christians couldn't have Crusaded to take back Jeruselem had it not been horded by the muslims. Islam has been spread by violence from its inception. That single fact is the only fault I find with Islam. I've no trouble with Buddists, Taoists, ect., but Islam is violent. Not neccesarily in its scriptures, but in its interpretation. Yes, I know that Christian scriptures have been interpreted to incite war, but its principle founder never took up arms. In constrast, the founder of Islam was considered a great warrior. I guess Islam is kind of a "do what I say, not what I do" religion.
OS X.5 MacBook Core 2Duo 2.2ghz, 2Gig RAM Mackie Onyx 400F m-audio BX8's, Oxygen 8, Zoom H-4, Alesis Masterlink, Bitstream 3x
http://www.udpmusic.com

noisetonepause

Post by noisetonepause » Tue Oct 25, 2005 12:49 pm

No, the Qur'an specifically states that war can be just, Islam is not a pacifist faith. I wouldn't call it 'violent' either, really, or at least not barbaric (like some do).
2:190 Fight in the cause of God those who fight you, but do not transgress limits; for God loveth not transgressors.
2:191 And slay them wherever ye catch them, and turn them out from where they have Turned you out; for tumult and oppression are worse than slaughter; but fight them not at the Sacred Mosque, unless they (first) fight you there; but if they fight you, slay them. Such is the reward of those who suppress faith.
2:192 But if they cease, God is Oft-forgiving, Most Merciful.
2:193 And fight them on until there is no more Tumult or oppression, and there prevail justice and faith in God; but if they cease, Let there be no hostility except to those who practise oppression.
(Yusuf Ali translation)

To be honest is think this is a more 'realistic' approach than to turn the other cheek, but I can see how some people would disagree.

There's a commentary by a Muslim scholar here.

(all from: www.al-quran.org.uk)

... and I think exactly who started the Crusades is difficult to say, BTW. I'd be wary of blaming it entirely on either part, like most wars.

udp

Post by udp » Tue Oct 25, 2005 1:49 pm

"Din should be only for Allah" makes it clear that the purpose of fighting in the way of Allah is to remove persecution, corruption and mischief which suppress liberty and do not allow people to choose between truth and falsehood so that they may willingly believe in Allah and follow His commandments
I agree with this Islamic belief, but am hard pressed to see where in any Islamic theocracy there is anything except persecution, corruption, and lack of liberty. What of the Musilms who kill other Muslims? Is Allah on either side? If so, which one. ( I'll be the first one to say that God is not on either side of the conflict in North ireland.) The Qaran seems to in one sentence say to get along with "people of the book" and in another say destroy those who don't believe as Muslims do. At this time in history those who follow the latter seem to be in control.
OS X.5 MacBook Core 2Duo 2.2ghz, 2Gig RAM Mackie Onyx 400F m-audio BX8's, Oxygen 8, Zoom H-4, Alesis Masterlink, Bitstream 3x

Moody

Post by Moody » Tue Oct 25, 2005 2:01 pm

Imagine there's no heaven,
It's easy if you try,
No hell below us,
Above us only sky,
Imagine all the people
living for today...

Imagine there's no countries,
It isnt hard to do,
Nothing to kill or die for,
No religion too,
Imagine all the people
living life in peace...

Imagine no possesions,
I wonder if you can,
No need for greed or hunger,
A brotherhood of man,
Imagine all the people
Sharing all the world...

You may say Im a dreamer,
but Im not the only one,
I hope some day you'll join us,
And the world will live as one.

- John Lennon
Ableton’s engineers are hard
at work developing code that will allow our software to predict the future, but we don’t
anticipate having this available until at least the next major release.

udp

Post by udp » Tue Oct 25, 2005 2:08 pm

Moody wrote:Imagine there's no heaven,
It's easy if you try,
No hell below us,
Above us only sky,
Imagine all the people
living for today...

It isnt hard to do,
No religion too,
Imagine all the people
living life in peace...

Imagine no possesions,
I wonder if you can,
A brotherhood of man,
Imagine all the people
Sharing all the world...

but Im not the only one,

- John Lennon
Ah yes, the great Soviet utopia.

hoffman2k

Post by hoffman2k » Tue Oct 25, 2005 2:09 pm

It's easy if you try,
No hell below us,
Above us only sky,
Imagine all the people
living for today...

It isnt hard to do,
No religion too,
Imagine all the people
living life in peace...

Imagine no possesions,
I wonder if you can,
A brotherhood of man,
Imagine all the people
Sharing all the world...

but Im not the only one,

- John Lennon

:lol: :lol:

Moody

Post by Moody » Tue Oct 25, 2005 2:12 pm

udp wrote:
It's easy if you try,
No hell below us,
Above us only sky,
Imagine all the people
living for today...

It isnt hard to do,
No religion too,
Imagine all the people
living life in peace...

Imagine no possesions,
I wonder if you can,
A brotherhood of man,
Imagine all the people
Sharing all the world...

but Im not the only one,

- John Lennon
Ah yes, the great Soviet utopia.
Please explain... looks like a learning moment.
at work developing code that will allow our software to predict the future, but we don’t

Moody

Post by Moody » Tue Oct 25, 2005 2:12 pm

hoffman2k wrote:
It's easy if you try,
No hell below us,
Above us only sky,
Imagine all the people
living for today...

It isnt hard to do,
No religion too,
Imagine all the people
living life in peace...

Imagine no possesions,
I wonder if you can,
A brotherhood of man,
Imagine all the people
Sharing all the world...

but Im not the only one,

- John Lennon

:lol: :lol:
:lol:

udp

Post by udp » Tue Oct 25, 2005 2:24 pm

Actually, should have said marxist utopia. It's pretty well documented that Lennon was a marxist (pun intended). The ideals stated in Lennon's verse feel good don't they? Beneath them though is grave dannger. Humans were never meant to be lead around by the nose and cared for by some world governing body. Every person has imprinted in their DNA the mark of leadership. We all have our own place to lead. Lennon discourages this his one world belief. We would all be ruled by one monarchist, hardly ideal. "Imagine no possesions", we wouldn't be having this discussion with the posession of ou computers.

Moody

Post by Moody » Tue Oct 25, 2005 2:44 pm

udp wrote:Actually, should have said marxist utopia. It's pretty well documented that Lennon was a marxist (pun intended). The ideals stated in Lennon's verse feel good don't they? Beneath them though is grave dannger. Humans were never meant to be lead around by the nose and cared for by some world governing body. Every person has imprinted in their DNA the mark of leadership. We all have our own place to lead. Lennon discourages this his one world belief. We would all be ruled by one monarchist, hardly ideal. "Imagine no possesions", we wouldn't be having this discussion with the posession of ou computers.
I thought you may have meant to say Marxist. Understood, I guess we will never see world peace. :?

Benshik

Post by Benshik » Tue Oct 25, 2005 4:32 pm

The question is:
Why those who want to express their "whiteness" need to fall into this fucking stupid extremism?

Wouldn't it be because we as a society became so ruthlessly intolerant to anyone feeling good about being white that the only thing they have left to do is become a nazi freak??? The more we diabolise whiteness, the more nazi scum will arise as a reaction of this...

Fortunately, I see a new emerging class of "whites", comfortable with their identity, educated, open to the world and other cultures. It is a refreshing change after the excesses of multiculturalism and anything-goes relativism...

Finally, we are finding a balance between old fashionned nationalist rednecks and too open minded vegetarian anthropology students...
:wink:

Ben
Macbook 2.2ghz, OS 10.5.2, Focusrite Saffire, Microkontrol, Lemur

netchaiev

Post by netchaiev » Tue Oct 25, 2005 4:52 pm

Benshik wrote:The question is:
Why those who want to express their "whiteness" need to fall into this fucking stupid extremism?

Wouldn't it be because we as a society became so ruthlessly intolerant to anyone feeling good about being white that the only thing they have left to do is become a nazi freak??? The more we diabolise whiteness, the more nazi scum will arise as a reaction of this...

Fortunately, I see a new emerging class of "whites", comfortable with their identity, educated, open to the world and other cultures. It is a refreshing change after the excesses of multiculturalism and anything-goes relativism...

Finally, we are finding a balance between old fashionned nationalist rednecks and too open minded vegetarian anthropology students...
:wink:

Ben
You're probably backing the Great Putin!?!?!!
Yes, express your "whiteness" whatever the f*ck you mean. That's exactly the question: what defines you in a racial manner???? i define cultures NOT race, you dumb neo-neo nazi :evil:
MBP 2011/i7/10.8/Live 8 Suite/M4L+Launchpad+TF+KorgNano.
http://soundcloud.com/netchaiev
http://www.vimeo.com/user408737

netchaiev

Post by netchaiev » Tue Oct 25, 2005 4:57 pm

udp wrote:Actually, should have said marxist utopia. It's pretty well documented that Lennon was a marxist (pun intended). The ideals stated in Lennon's verse feel good don't they? Beneath them though is grave dannger. Humans were never meant to be lead around by the nose and cared for by some world governing body. Every person has imprinted in their DNA the mark of leadership. We all have our own place to lead. Lennon discourages this his one world belief. We would all be ruled by one monarchist, hardly ideal. "Imagine no possesions", we wouldn't be having this discussion with the posession of ou computers.
Dude, you make no sense and plenty assumptions. possesions never meant that you don't have a computer! One monachist?!?!? what the hell is that... just don't get if you're satyrical, if you don't understand political thoughts or if ,.. well, totally uneducated (oh, no, i guess, 'cause you have a computer!!! :lol: )
MBP 2011/i7/10.8/Live 8 Suite/M4L+Launchpad+TF+KorgNano.
http://soundcloud.com/netchaiev
http://www.vimeo.com/user408737