Ableton Roadmap

Discuss music production with Ableton Live.
louZ

Post by louZ » Tue Oct 25, 2005 6:15 pm

jasefos

Post by jasefos » Wed Oct 26, 2005 1:49 am

musick wrote:
jasefos wrote:What are you talking about ?

It IS working well (for me).

How about qualifying your sweeping generalisations with some concrete bug reports ?
Same for me, use Live 5.02 almost every day and never had any serious problems...

But the original question is interesting: How about the Live roadmap?

- Dual screen support
- Recording automation in session view (into clips)
- Track groups/folders to handle multiple output VST's better
- Dual/Quad processor support

etc.

Yes please to all the above ... you're on the right track for sure. I'd add ...

- sophisticated Groove Quantise Engine
Simple 80s style offset swing is not enough for me especially since being accustomed to CubaseSX/Nuendo where its possible to create your own Groove Quantise templates.
JaseFOS

-Live10.1 |Push2|Maschinemk2|KeyLab61|LaunchPad|MCUpro|MCExt|MCExt|iPad2|TouchABLE2
-Mac Pro 5.1 (dual hex core Xeon 3.46gHz, 28Gb RAM) running MacOS 10.13.6
-Universal Audio Apollo Quad (firewire)
-SHITLOADS OF HARDWARE SYNTHS

Johnisfaster

Post by Johnisfaster » Wed Oct 26, 2005 2:16 am

as far as the road map, I wouldn't be suprised if they came out with a drum version of operator eventaully. that you can map seperate operated drum sounds to each key accross the board(much like waldorf attack)

I also read one of the ableton guys mentioning in another thread that beatrepeat will probably not change much, but they will probably end up making such things like "beat stretch"

didn't mean to go nuts earlier, there have been far too many times where I was accused of creating all of my problems with live through user error and that they didn't exist and therefor I'm "stupid". so I get defensive fast when people deny bugs exist.

somebody on here asked if I reported my crashes to ableton. the answer is no I haven't cause I can't reproduce them. and from what I've been reading in the bugs section the first thing they ask you to do is reproduce it.
It was as if someone shook up a 6 foot can of blood soda and suddenly popped the top.

jasefos

Post by jasefos » Wed Oct 26, 2005 4:23 am

Johnisfaster wrote:as far as the road map, I wouldn't be suprised if they came out with a drum version of operator eventaully. that you can map seperate operated drum sounds to each key accross the board(much like waldorf attack)

I also read one of the ableton guys mentioning in another thread that beatrepeat will probably not change much, but they will probably end up making such things like "beat stretch"

didn't mean to go nuts earlier, there have been far too many times where I was accused of creating all of my problems with live through user error and that they didn't exist and therefor I'm "stupid". so I get defensive fast when people deny bugs exist.

somebody on here asked if I reported my crashes to ableton. the answer is no I haven't cause I can't reproduce them. and from what I've been reading in the bugs section the first thing they ask you to do is reproduce it.

I notice you have an M-Audio FW410 ...

M-Audio's early MacOSX drivers for this baby are very unstable. Apparently this has been remedied since.

Perhaps you haven't applied the latest FW410 driver update yet ?

Cheers

jasefos
JaseFOS

-Live10.1 |Push2|Maschinemk2|KeyLab61|LaunchPad|MCUpro|MCExt|MCExt|iPad2|TouchABLE2
-Mac Pro 5.1 (dual hex core Xeon 3.46gHz, 28Gb RAM) running MacOS 10.13.6
-Universal Audio Apollo Quad (firewire)
-SHITLOADS OF HARDWARE SYNTHS

Johnisfaster

Post by Johnisfaster » Wed Oct 26, 2005 7:15 am

I'm not always using the firewire 410, sometimes I just run out of the computer into my stereo.

but thanks I'll check for the updates.
It was as if someone shook up a 6 foot can of blood soda and suddenly popped the top.

starving student

Post by starving student » Wed Oct 26, 2005 7:45 am

peeddrroo wrote:
musick wrote:- Dual screen support
it's already there...
8O what are you talking about, can you split the session/arrangerview on two different screens, been waiting for this for a long time?

peeddrroo

Post by peeddrroo » Wed Oct 26, 2005 8:22 am

starving student wrote:
peeddrroo wrote:
musick wrote:- Dual screen support
it's already there...
8O what are you talking about, can you split the session/arrangerview on two different screens, been waiting for this for a long time?
right, ok, that's something different to dual screen support. i mean it's a special type of dual screen support.
and my Alt key does this job pretty well... :wink:

i doubt you'll ever see that.

starving student

Post by starving student » Wed Oct 26, 2005 8:48 am

:(