OT: Reaktor 4 to 5, Komplete 2

Discuss music production with Ableton Live.
conny

OT: Reaktor 4 to 5, Komplete 2

Post by conny » Thu Oct 27, 2005 12:14 am

Got my update discs for NI Komplete 2.
Feeling like an idiot when trying to register Reaktor 5.
Neither the Komplete 2 serial nor the serial given for Reaktor 4 works.
I'm stuck and pissed off.

Ideas?

// C
PC Laptop Acer, XP Home SP2, build in crappy sound card.
Bleeps and Blops!
http://bluemoose.greatnow.com/

suburbanbather

Post by suburbanbather » Thu Oct 27, 2005 3:20 am

Did you notify Native Instruments yet?

forge

Post by forge » Thu Oct 27, 2005 3:28 am

welcome to the wild and whacky world of NI!

they sound great, but at the expense of almost everything else, especially customer service.

elektrovert

Post by elektrovert » Thu Oct 27, 2005 10:02 am

Download a hacked version.
you've already got the license.

I know it's completely impracticle, but it's easier than trying to register it!! :cry:

minimal

Post by minimal » Thu Oct 27, 2005 12:32 pm

so what's the mess with NI products?
I was seriously thinking about buying reaktor5 but even in the past I've heard some bad histories... what's up with them?
Could please anyone who has direct experience say something'

Thanks.

Orbit-50

Post by Orbit-50 » Thu Oct 27, 2005 2:22 pm

Here's the deal with Native Instruments. You just have to have a little bit of patience when it comes to dealing with them. They are a little slow, but they will take care of you. You are not going to receive an instantaneous response. It may even take a couple of days. They are probably flooded all the time with senseless technical support requests from people who don't read the manual first. I had no problem updating the components of Komplete 2. I had no problems receiving technical support from them. Overall, their customer service is good. It's just not very fast. - Orbit-50

:)
...........................................................................................................
_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/

Alienware i7 R3 loaded with billions of DAWs and plugins.

polyslax

Post by polyslax » Thu Oct 27, 2005 2:47 pm

I've seen a pretty even split in posts on this issue, maybe 60% negative, 40% positive, across different music fora. The one constant that seems to ensure better CS from NI is to pick up the phone and call them. Email and web-based seem to always lead to frustration on the part of the customer.

I've never had to contact NI since all of the automated registration and de-registration stuff has always worked for me.
Last edited by polyslax on Thu Oct 27, 2005 3:38 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Image Image

protocol

Post by protocol » Thu Oct 27, 2005 3:12 pm

minimal wrote:Could please anyone who has direct experience say something'
2 years ago I had a problem installing my new v3 (reaktor). Wrote a mail, waited a couple of days, reminded them, got the hint to 're-install' (though I reported several re-installs), wrote again, GOT NO ANSWER ANYMORE... (I wasn't inpolite or something).
Don't remember how I fixed the prob but it worked eventually. I've never contacted their 'support' again. On the other hand, people at their forum are very helpful. But don't expext anyone of the crew to answer your question there...it's always the users that help each other.

Fantastic product (reaktor) with third world support. Meanwhile I think it's arrogance.

conny

Post by conny » Thu Oct 27, 2005 6:42 pm

I e-mailed them yesterday about my problems.
They answerd today.
And Natalie at there sales division added that she noticed that I had seemingly already solved the problem, which I had.
No that bad, really.

Problem now is that my hard drive says it't full when installing update for Battery 2...

// C
PC Laptop Acer, XP Home SP2, build in crappy sound card.
Bleeps and Blops!
http://bluemoose.greatnow.com/