Are there ANY live loopers here???

Discussion of music production, audio, equipment and any related topics, either with or without Ableton Live
mariner

all improv live looping!

Post by mariner » Sun Aug 13, 2006 12:58 pm

www.myspace.com/splates

let's make some noise!

-respect
15" 2.8Ghz i7 MBP OS 10.6.8, MOTU Traveler, Live 8.2.5, M4L, NI Komplete 5, Behringer FCB1010, Edirol PCR 500, Kenton Killamix, Evolution UC-33.

rdomain

Post by rdomain » Sat Aug 19, 2006 3:40 am

Yes, I'm a live looper. I just did a gig last night actually using Live just by chance. Opening track was an improvised 6 string bass piece. I'll post the track once I've edited the recording of the gig. The rest of the set was prerecorded clips being mixed, manipulated and arranged in realtime with integrated hardware fx units also.
Other times I use hardware for live impro stuff as I primarily use guitar or bass but have used a theremin device before and field recordings.
My main gripe with Live as a live looper is the lack of an audio overdub option. This is a serious flaw. There are ways around it using certain plugins etc but this should not be necessary and puts extra cpu strain on your machine.

R.

mariner: Purdy was well... purdy/pretty. Nice. :D

mooncaine

Post by mooncaine » Thu Nov 30, 2006 3:02 am

Heya, Ritch, I'd be glad to hear that Ableton Live thing when/if you put it up online.