Mpc and Live

Discuss music production with Ableton Live.
nblazer

Mpc and Live

Post by nblazer » Sun Oct 30, 2005 8:17 pm

Hey ive been using live and reason now for a while now and i love it, ive been thinking of picking up the new mpc 2500 cause it just looks beastly, but im not really sure how i could incorperate it into the set up i got live 5, reason, and an x-station (by far the best midi keyboard on the market) any help would be much loved,
cheers
(. ) ( .)

Schmidi

Post by Schmidi » Mon Oct 31, 2005 2:42 am

might be better off to just get a pad surface like the mpd16 or trigger finger (better IMOP). Live can run circles around an mpc, but to each their own.

metaforensics

Post by metaforensics » Mon Oct 31, 2005 4:45 am

I'm running something similiar. I'm just got live 5 a month agon, and i use a mpc1k. I think the 2 work awesome together. I build my beats on my mpc1k, and ASR 10, and then track out into Live 5 (which is a breeze). Since your already using live. I would go for the mpc1k with the new os update (2.0). I owned the 1k before I got Live 5, but I bought Live 5 to be able to perform my music. Me personally i like building the heart of beats on the mpc1k, ASR 10, and then throw it into able to some synths maybe, or some effects to what i sample, or whatever, and then mix everything.

beatnick

Post by beatnick » Sun Nov 06, 2005 7:49 pm

metaforensics wrote:I'm running something similiar. I'm just got live 5 a month agon, and i use a mpc1k. I think the 2 work awesome together. I build my beats on my mpc1k, and ASR 10, and then track out into Live 5 (which is a breeze). Since your already using live. I would go for the mpc1k with the new os update (2.0). I owned the 1k before I got Live 5, but I bought Live 5 to be able to perform my music. Me personally i like building the heart of beats on the mpc1k, ASR 10, and then throw it into able to some synths maybe, or some effects to what i sample, or whatever, and then mix everything.
Have you got the new OS allready??

mike holiday

Post by mike holiday » Sun Nov 06, 2005 7:55 pm

live made my mpc 2k collect dust

so i sold the mpc

used it since '98 and never looked back