If Anyone can help I would be grateful

Discuss music production with Ableton Live.
Jbo

If Anyone can help I would be grateful

Post by Jbo » Thu Nov 03, 2005 4:17 pm

I want to copy some music files but they won't show up except in "Live", and I am not being allowed to copy and paste within Live in the size I need to ..(large)maybe I will just wait to learn the easiest overall way to gain interconnecting file access between the two computers....

I hope the only way is not gonna be to do individual files, one at a time..
But I am moving from my backup DAW to the bigger one I built, now that it is back on line with Zalman cooling efficiency, hell I may even try to overclock since the mb was designed for it, not that the diff between 2.0mhz celeron and 3.0mhz prescott is not quite abrupt and wicked quick such that I am in love with my creation and Asusp4p800d

sorry, I haven't felt like braggin on my gear this year until today, and its very nice to be able to

But I want to unite and interconnect the two DAWs if I can discover the best means... my Tascam soundcard I use with the beginners unit has cool as hell "midi triggers" beaucoups..very handy but connecting two sound cards is a subject I have only heard questions about... no answers

If anyone knows how come the Live music files aren't showing up in my regular file access format, I greatly would thank you

The temporary music files Live creates with every session and will be deleted unless you say "no"....I want to place this folder or a copy of it, on my audio hdd I will swap from the older machine to my newer one, or as I said I could wait if i can eventually or soon, be able to access the files through the ethernet or something like that

Anyone who can understand the stuff I have mentioned and knows any of my bogglespots that are tyically routine, I will much much thank you for your advice if you can offer any at all

thanks

pc soundcard xphome AbletonLivev4 midikeyboards China Strat..... Garritan vst instruments ........(midi-me)

Liam

Post by Liam » Thu Nov 03, 2005 7:06 pm

Assume you are using XP????

You could try using the built in file moving utility in XP

All Program / Accessories / System Tools / Files and Settings Transfer Wizard

Jbo

thanks

Post by Jbo » Fri Nov 04, 2005 4:44 pm

Yes and thank you very much

pc soundcard xphome AbletonLivev4 midikeyboards China Strat..... Garritan vst instruments ........(midi-me)

Jbo

the temp files Live places in your system disk application d

Post by Jbo » Fri Nov 04, 2005 6:04 pm

all I needed to do was allow hidden files to be seen in windows and that is all
Last edited by Jbo on Wed Nov 09, 2005 10:54 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Jbo

"unhide hidden folders" ,dumass

Post by Jbo » Sat Nov 05, 2005 2:08 pm

I still am not yet successfully getting files to exchange between 2 pc's and ask help in case anyine can! thanks again