Multiple Outputs...

Discussion of music production, audio, equipment and any related topics, either with or without Ableton Live
NickyG

Multiple Outputs...

Post by NickyG » Thu Nov 03, 2005 11:30 pm

I bought myself an Echo Indigo Playback card for my laptop, which has 1 output duplicated on 2 jacks. I thought I could have 1 jack going to my speakers, 1 jack going to my CD recorder and use the standard output on my laptop for the headphones.

But I go to set this up in Live 5 and you can only set one output device, either the Indigo or the laptop output.

Anyone know a way around this ?

dominique

Re: Multiple Outputs...

Post by dominique » Thu Nov 03, 2005 11:36 pm

NickyG wrote:But I go to set this up in Live 5 and you can only set one output device, either the Indigo or the laptop output.?
This is kind of a limitiation of LIVE. But also it is related to the audio driver model being used. Basically, with an ASIO driver you cannot mix different hardware.

You may look into a free driver called ASIO4ALL that is capable to make more than one soundcard visible to LIVE (http://www.asio4all.com/). But it doesn't allways work.

Best regards,

d.
Toshiba Satellite Notebook, P M 1.6GHz , 1GB, WindowsXP SP2, Echo Indigo I/O, RME Multiface, RME RPM, Midisport 2x2, Faderfox LV1
---

muthafunka

Post by muthafunka » Fri Nov 04, 2005 12:03 am

Mac or PC? That'll at least get the right people thinking about your problem.

NickyG

Post by NickyG » Fri Nov 04, 2005 11:59 am

Oh yeah, sorry, I'm using a PC laptop.

I'll give that ASIO prog a try also, sounds wicked.....

NickyG

Post by NickyG » Fri Nov 04, 2005 12:31 pm

Got ASIO4ALL working, my two sound cards show up activated in ASIO4ALL, but I can still only see the outputs for the Indigo in Live 5.

Has anyone else got this setup to work ?

AdamJay

Post by AdamJay » Fri Nov 04, 2005 12:33 pm

hey mate,
using ASIO4ALL, set up an extra audio channel/track with the input as "resample"
turn the monitor ON, and set output of the channel/track to "external" and then select your 2nd output.

this clones your master channel and outputs it to a 2nd output.

good luck.

divonic

Post by divonic » Fri Nov 04, 2005 5:38 pm

does this work with macs?

A friend has a G4 laptop and an Audiotrak Maya 44. He'd like to run the two stereo channels from the Maya into a DJ mixer and still have a third output for headphones (the headphone out on the Maya cannot be assigned via Live and is a combination of all the outs.)

I know nothing about macs and haven't had a use for ASIO4All

hoffman2k

Post by hoffman2k » Fri Nov 04, 2005 5:47 pm

divonic wrote:does this work with macs?

A friend has a G4 laptop and an Audiotrak Maya 44. He'd like to run the two stereo channels from the Maya into a DJ mixer and still have a third output for headphones (the headphone out on the Maya cannot be assigned via Live and is a combination of all the outs.)

I know nothing about macs and haven't had a use for ASIO4All
Merging soundcards is a feature that comes with osx tiger. do a search for "aggregate".