Channelstrip

Discuss music production with Ableton Live.
André

Channelstrip

Post by André » Sat Nov 05, 2005 12:01 am

Hi,
one feature that i always missed on live was a kind of channelstrip. I was looking for something cheap or (best) free that obviously could soung good
and found out this sweet VB plug in offered for free called Striptool.
It´s not a demo as said on their site but a stripped down version of a bigger
one that is goin to be released in the future.Unfortunately, it´s only on the Windows side of things (maybe apulsoft could port it for OSX).
I´ve made some comparisons (trackplug for instance) ant thought it sounded better and it´s easy to set up.Very very low on cpu. The compressor worked great on everything and the eq sounded way much better than live´s native one (even though it´s not for correction purposes).
I´ve got URS BLT EQ and Striptool sounds better to my ears. Does any one have an opinion on that? (LIve version 5 stupidly don´t let us clean the clip
view on Session as could be done until 4. It´s unpleasant to mix a project
made in the arrangement staring at that clustered mixer view.And if you
narrow the channels those vu´s become even more useless, so comes Striptool with it´s accurate and "undockable" big vu´s.Great!)

http://www.vb-audio.com

roby

Post by roby » Sat Nov 05, 2005 12:38 am

yeah, it's pretty cool and sounds decent. i use it with EnergyXT though because XT lacks proper volume/gain control...

André

Channelstrip

Post by André » Sat Nov 05, 2005 11:15 am

never tried energy XT myself...
do you also use it with live (or agree that perhaps Live should have one native decent sounding one) ?