toshiba qosmio f25

Discuss music production with Ableton Live.
zyo

toshiba qosmio f25

Post by zyo » Sun Nov 06, 2005 12:23 am

Hi, everybody, i want to know if i need something else to use the ableton live with the computer toshiba qosmio f25, i mean if i need a sound card or something......and if this computer is good or not!! thanks

deepmarine

Post by deepmarine » Sun Nov 06, 2005 4:34 am

I've got the qosmio F10. Ableton works very well on it and it is a bit of a beast. The internal sound card isn't the best (like most laptops), so I've hooked it up with a M-Audio Firewire 1814 and have zero problems with it, it sounds awesome. (Though be warned - other people have had issues with M-Audio Firewire cards on other laptops)

Cheers 8)
Deepmarine
Toshiba Qosmio F10, P2.0, 1G Ram, M-Audio 1814,

Clearscreen

Post by Clearscreen » Sun Nov 06, 2005 11:32 pm

i've used the soundcard in my f10 for a couple of really small gigs and it's been fine. use the asio4all driver and you can run it 64 sample latency. of course you can't preview anything (you need 2 stereo channels for that) but it's pretty usable. the pcmcia slot, 4 usb and a firewire also mean theres plenty of options for external soundcards as well.
the machine itself is great! everything consistently just works! never had any real grief with it. i wish toshiba would update things like video drivers, but it runs stable and quick, so i can't complain too much.
if you're planning on doing live work you'll also need a midi controller, but thats a whole other discussion covered in plenty of other posts, so do a search on that.
have a look in the live 5 performance thread as well. i've put my results in there on page 2 so you can compare it to other machines.
Hp Elitebook 2.8Ghz. Live 7.0.14 & Live 8.1.5, XP Pro. and stuff...