Can't ReWire. Why?

Discuss music production with Ableton Live.
Tik

Can't ReWire. Why?

Post by Tik » Thu Mar 13, 2003 7:44 pm

Okay..opened Live, opened Reason. Reason has 'Rewire Slave Mode' as its Audio Out. Where's the option to use Reason as an input? I'm in arranger mode, and when I click the drop down menu, all I get is 'mixer' and 'none'. I'm on the right side of track one right under where it says 'track one'. Is this the right place? WTF???

You've got to be kidding me!!!

Post by Guest » Thu Mar 13, 2003 7:48 pm

The menu is disabled by default??? Geez, that's great thinking.

WHY CAN'T I HEAR ANY SOUND?

Post by Guest » Thu Mar 13, 2003 7:56 pm

Jesus! Okay, I've enabled monitoring (which I can't believe is disabled by default - DUH!). Still I hear nothing. Why?

dirtystudios

Post by dirtystudios » Thu Mar 13, 2003 8:55 pm

damn dude, chill out some.

what you need to do is go up to the 'veiw' menu and select 'in/out'. it should then show up just to the right of the track title and should default to 'none' and 'master'. click on the one that says 'none' and you should get a dropdown menu that includes the option "reason'. select that and you should be good to go.

k

Sorry.

Post by Guest » Thu Mar 13, 2003 10:24 pm

I've been in tech support hell for something else today and I'm a little frayed.

I figured out what it was....get this..not only do I have to turn on monitoring across the whole program, but I also have to click the little 'headphone' icon thing on the individual track. Why did the Ableton folks turn all the appropriate menus to 'off' as the default? I'm seriously lost.