Idea for a track!

Discuss music production with Ableton Live.
suburbanbather

Idea for a track!

Post by suburbanbather » Sun Nov 06, 2005 8:11 am

http://s61.yousendit.com/d.aspx?id=1JSH ... OTKP5VPB2W

I'm only posting this because I told Ambion that I would post what I'm working right now. Anyways! thoughts, suggestions, and FU's are welcome and needed.

Peace!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :)

Ambioun - Techno Man

Post by Ambioun - Techno Man » Sun Nov 06, 2005 6:01 pm

Thats nice and all but the track could use less atonal and more melodic and harmonic lines. Oh and the bass is mixed a little high.

suburbanbather

Post by suburbanbather » Mon Nov 07, 2005 1:55 am

I guess you and I have totally opposite tastes. Sorry, the bass is perfect right were it is. Bass is like audio medicine for me and I like to push it as hard as it will go without blowing a speaker or drowning out the rest of the sounds. Melody-let me just say I'm not going for a chart-topping dance hit that has a catchy hook. Atonal- You are right it is very atonal, the synth line uses two notes but due to the nature of the patch on the synth you may not even notice there are actually two alternating notes. I was going for a very, very slight up and down drift-like change in pitch.

I LOVE! music that has a tense feel to it. Musically, what makes alot of people uncomfortable, puts me in a state of bliss.

The only thing I want to add to this song is- some variation on beat and a couple synth sounds that sit nicely in the background to distract the listener from the monotony. Repetitive does not bother me one bit as long as there are atleast some minor changes.

The main reason I'm into making music or noise is purely for the sake of sound itself. Not tunes you can whistle along to.

I'm the type of person that would love to put a power-noise(Merzbow anyone?) album on a very expensive boutique soundsystem so that I can really hear that distortion twist and swirl into a psychedlic wall of chaotic noise.

Sorry if this post is longer than it needs to be. I'm not mad, I'm not ranting(well maybe I am but not for the wrong reason), and you did not hurt my feelings. I just like talking about this kind of stuff.

Thankyou so much for being honest. I can not stand it when people just say, "Yeah, great work!" or "I don't like it!" How about including why its great or why it sucks, which you did. So again, thankyou!

Oh, and sorry I mispelled your handle. I was pretty drunk last night.

Peace!!!

Thomas

fsk

Post by fsk » Mon Nov 07, 2005 3:48 am

its not to everyones taste but at least you love what you do, and for that reason theres no right or wrong in what you've made.

Its a very unsettling piece, I can see it in a horror/suspense flick and fitting just right, interesting and I dont think you need to do anything to it. least its something different from the typical breakbeat stuff I download of here most of the time.
Sound Recordist & Designer
http://www.postboxaudio.com

sweetjesus

Post by sweetjesus » Mon Nov 07, 2005 3:58 am

listened to it on laptop speakers... that thing scared me man. creepy shit.

suburbanbather

Post by suburbanbather » Mon Nov 07, 2005 4:26 am

fsk wrote: I dont think you need to do anything to it.
Thankyou! but the kick and snare pattern is the same throughout the entire track. What it is so far is just the main foundation of the song.

I'm really into Scorn and other Mick Harris projects of the deep and dark electro dub(or whatever the name of that genre is) variety. Also anything I can find that has Justin Broadrick in it as well, Techno Animal, Godflesh, Jesu, Ice, etc..

It seems a lot of the people here are mainly into the more dance oriented electronic music, which is absolutely fine with me, its just not my passion.

I forgot to mention, I also want to throw in a detuned sample of me saying "there was blood everywhere" which I have already made. I also need to gather a shit load of people together and record them yelling and screaming stuff like, "Oh, my god" and "Help me". Yeah, I like horror movies!

People not liking my tunes is all good and perfectly fine with me. I just really felt the need to justify why I do not want to make it a little more common sounding.

I really can't stand the fact that typing out what you are saying as opposed to speaking directly to whoever can make it seem like you are mad when you really are not.

As a matter of fact I would love it for Ambioun - Techno Man to review the next track I put up. Simply because he is honest in is review.

Peace!!

Thomas

fsk

Post by fsk » Mon Nov 07, 2005 3:11 pm

the song in general is simple, I dont think you'd need to change the beat, I wouldnt put in a detuned vocal, I think it would sound tacky, but worth a try, upload when u done it
Sound Recordist & Designer
http://www.postboxaudio.com