Reaktor 5 Crash Bug Fix

Discuss music production with Ableton Live.
stinky

Reaktor 5 Crash Bug Fix

Post by stinky » Mon Nov 07, 2005 7:17 pm

Just in case people were still having problems with this, i decided to post. If Reaktor 5 crashes Live when you open most of your ensembles, and is basicly only usable in standalone mode, you should read this thread:

http://www.nativeinstruments.de/forum_u ... ge=1&pp=15

You can login to your NI account and download the bug fix, or email support. This problem doesn't effect all users, but if you have it, it will effect most hosts installed except Sonar and EnergyXT, for some reason (i believe from my research, but you may prove me incorrect). Cheers..

suburbanbather

Post by suburbanbather » Tue Nov 08, 2005 12:33 am

No problems here so far. But that may be because I have not been trying out a whole lot of different ensembles. I have been using Subharmonic, and ensembles made by Dieter Zobel, Program child, and Martin Brinkmann. From my experience with these ensemble builders, I have come to the conclusion that they REALLY know their shit when it comes to making quality ensembles.

P.S.

I have really only bean using Live 4 because I have to reinstall my soundcard drivers everytime I want to use Live 5. I'm making a guest appearance at a gig with Smutek this Fri. so I'm waiting until after that to just re-install Windows and of course everything else.

stinky

Post by stinky » Tue Nov 08, 2005 12:51 am

Well, from my understanding, this doesn't have anything to do with Live 5 or 4, for that matter. I had the same problem using Live 4. And, as far as the quality of ensembles, i don't dispute that. But, i do think the problem doesn't necessarily lie in the ensembles themselves, but in an external call (to a dll) that some ensembles make, that is conflicting with various other dll's. From what i gather, this is what the NI support team was looking at for their fix... cheers again...

suburbanbather

Post by suburbanbather » Tue Nov 08, 2005 1:00 am

I have not touched Reaktor's standalone mode since I started using Live, which would be a week or two before Live 4 came out. I have never had any problems with Live and Reaktor. I'm on a Win. PC by the way, and based on user responses here at the Ableton forum, Reaktor works much better on Windows machines than Mac. I am very, very tempted to buy a Mac machine because of the problems I have been having with my Dell laptop, which incase you already did not know is a Windows machine.