New mix: Out Of My System - Come With Me

Discuss music production with Ableton Live.
Out Of My System

New mix: Out Of My System - Come With Me

Post by Out Of My System » Mon Nov 07, 2005 8:46 pm

Thought I'd mention this in here. My latest mix, arranged and edited in Ableton, is available here.. If progressive house floats your boat, then give it a listen. A few other Ableton users have sets over there too, covering a lot of styles. I wonder if we could get a seperate forum for these Ableton mixes, and for full tracks made using Live? After all, it's showcasing the software. Anyway, thanks for listening.

Out Of My System.

DeadlyKungFu

Post by DeadlyKungFu » Mon Nov 07, 2005 10:38 pm

halfway through it now, good shit! Steady flow, good infusion of talking and singing parts.

Is it straight up fade from track to track?
How was Ableton used?
Any lessons learned from making the mix?

Out Of My System

Post by Out Of My System » Tue Nov 08, 2005 9:29 am

Hi. I'm trying to approach these mixes from the standpoint of building a set as if I would on a set of decks, but also trying to throw in some extra elements that wouldn't be possible before Ableton came along. The most important things are track selection and making tracks 'fit' with one another, so I usually spend a couple of nights just mixing with my BCF2000, and sinking a few beers. When I'm happy with the set order, I edit the tracks down to get rid of the bits I don't like. The second half of the Sylvia Tosun track that opens the set, I couldn't stand, so it's great you can just re-arrange it at will. Most of the tracks have something else going on in the background, but the hard part is restraining yourself as it's very easy to get carried away and have 5 different tracks going at once. If that happens....you're Jive Bunny!

protocol

Re: New mix: Out Of My System - Come With Me

Post by protocol » Tue Nov 08, 2005 12:51 pm

Out Of My System wrote:A few other Ableton users have sets over there too, covering a lot of styles.
Yeah keep the mixes coming... :-)

Nice one!