Discuss music production with Ableton Live.

Post by Guest » Fri Mar 14, 2003 7:47 pm

How do I get the update if I don't have a live 2.0 serial number? I have a Live 1.5 serial number as I got the upgrade. I have a response key and a challenge key as well. Any ideas?
Tim

m-laboratories.net

shit

Post by m-laboratories.net » Fri Mar 14, 2003 7:57 pm

i really hope this isn't a problem as i was planning to upgrade tonight.

i know I have the response key, but when the hell do you get a challenge key? i forget even which that one is!!!

i probably should have upgraded before now but I didn't want to risk creating more problems than i had originally. and with all you whiny complainers on this board, upgrading prior to now seemed risky ;)

-chris.

E-Doo

Hmmm...

Post by E-Doo » Fri Mar 14, 2003 9:14 pm

Maybe I'm misinterpreting what you are saying, but when I upgraded from 1.5 to 2.0 I was given a new (and longer) serial number. I believe this is what you have to enter in the website to download the 2.0.3 patch. At least, that is what I did and it worked. In fact, I first tried my 1.5 serial and it did not work. Then I recalled that I was given a new serial for 2.

Good luck!

-E-Doo

Satellite Splinter - http://www.ampcast.com/satellitesplinter

Post by Guest » Fri Mar 14, 2003 10:04 pm

How do you get your 2.0 serial number again if you've lost it?

yon

Post by yon » Sat Mar 15, 2003 3:29 pm

Anonymous wrote:How do you get your 2.0 serial number again if you've lost it?
contact support@ableton.com . (i don't think you want us to post your serial number to the forum.......)

yon / ableton

Michael

Post by Michael » Sat Mar 15, 2003 6:15 pm

... how you lost your serial ? did you bought a download or a boxed version?

if you are not registered there might be a problem replacing your serial (as written in the digipak in the live 2 box).

please write to contact@ableton.com

michael
michael
ableton

Tommy Genes

Post by Tommy Genes » Sat Mar 15, 2003 6:24 pm

This may be the result of a problem I also had when I bought the boxed upgrade online. With the purchase of a boxed upgrade I was supposed to receive a serial number which would also activate a downloaded copy so I could start using it right away.

I didn't receive a serial # when I placed the order. I assumed it would come later in an email, but it didn't. Finally, the boxed upgrade arrived, and it told me to use the serial # that I had received when I placed the order. :?

Luckily, I still had the order confirmation email, so I was able to give my order number, date, etc. as proof of the fact that I had actually bought the upgrade.

I don't think this info will help you directly, but might help someone at Ableton troubleshoot your specific case.

-- T. G. --