Convert a stereo track to mono, bounce tracks

Discuss music production with Ableton Live.
draff

Convert a stereo track to mono, bounce tracks

Post by draff » Sat Mar 15, 2003 4:58 pm

Hey guys/gals,

I have recorded 6 tracks into a file, and just now read the part in the manual about recording in mono to save cpu power. So how do I convert these already-recorded tracks from stereo to mono?

Also, most audio programs allow you to select any # of tracks, and simply bounce them into 1 new track. Can you do this in Live 2? How?

Thanks!!!

muthafunka

Post by muthafunka » Mon Mar 17, 2003 1:40 am

Re: selecting tracks to bounce into one, just mute the ones you don't want included and go ahead with your bounce and you're golden!

draff

Post by draff » Mon Mar 17, 2003 2:07 am

Thanks, but where is the 'bounce' command? I cannot find it in any of the menus.

janklug

Post by janklug » Mon Mar 17, 2003 12:01 pm

in the arranger view, select the time (& as mentioned, tracks) to bounce; then, in the file menu, select "render to disk"; you'll get the choice of format etc, also if you want mono or stereo.

for recording directly into live, one mono/stereo related thing is hidden in the BUS view by the way; this used to behave different in pre-2-versions of live. back then you could choose directly in the input select menu if you wanted to record for example channel 1, 2 (mono) or 1+2 (stereo); now (at least for me, with my built-in sound card) I first have to uncheck the "link" button in the BUS view to be able to record mono...

greetings,

jan klug