Richieeeeeeeeeeeeeee

Discuss music production with Ableton Live.
Nixon

Post by Nixon » Fri Nov 11, 2005 1:17 pm

that might even be true up to some extend...the video's of hawtin wich where posted here before showed his setup quite wel, and he didn't use the other laptop at all! And his decks where gathering dust too...what's the deal man of plastik?

I don't mean to piss off dr hawtin here, because I love his productions and where he takes his style of music!

pink vagina orifice

Post by pink vagina orifice » Fri Nov 11, 2005 1:20 pm

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Definately

definitely is spelt with an I. Thats an 'I'. Please, spelling and grammar is most important.

suburbanbather

Post by suburbanbather » Fri Nov 11, 2005 1:42 pm

ikeaboy wrote:
claudek wrote:Does he only dj using Live and clips or records too?
When last i saw him, two decks and laptop running tractor FS and another running Live. He does so much of his set in Live I'm starting to think the decks are window dressing to apease the whinners and the other laptop is there for symmetry. I'm off to Belgium to see him at I Love Techno tomorrow............. so there!
The current issue of Remix has an article about being organized, written by Richie. He talks about using programs like Final Scratch, Live, Beatport.com, etc...., as databases for song files/material you would use during a set or in when you are in the studio. Anyone that knows how much material Richie uses would emediately understand the importance of having a separate machine dedicated to the organization of files. So there you have it, the he did not touch was probably hooked up to the one he was actually using for the very purpose I just described. The article is a little short but I'm shure its good enough to stir up some creative ideas in others that would benefit from something like this.

ishimaru wrote:
i hate you and america for not liking Techno enough.

I had the chance to see him at club Nations in Washington DC(one of the top ten clubs in America) I did not go because I was under 21 at the time and I was in a drug free phase at the time. I'd rather just listen at home or in my car. I can't dance so I get extremely bored at clubs if I'm not drunk, rollin, or trippin. Its been about 2 or 3 years since I've taken X, Sid, or Mushies. The last time I smoked pot was on the way to a NIN concert which was 9 days ago. Don't think I'll ever stop drinking though. Its not like I get drunk everyday so... Still got some 20x. Salvia 8O , not buying anymore once thats gone.

markaugust

Post by markaugust » Fri Nov 11, 2005 2:12 pm

pfffff
that's what we call a hangover.......
what a night...
best set I've heard in a long time. I saw him together with villalobos a few months ago, but that is nowhere near as good as the man on his own for three hours...
and with the madonna statement I mean that he keeps the masses entertained, for a long time now..
First time I saw Hawtin was 10 years ago, doing plastikman live... blew my mind then.
saw him yesterday, doing the minimal in perfection crossing over to oldies like fuse vs lfo, and it again blew my mind.
and I am not easily impressed normally...
last time I was this much, was with laurent garnier on 5 days off...
listening to his new album now by the way; de9 transitions.
fucking briliant!
yesterday was mainly fs and his custom effects on that mixer of him offcourse...
some live, but i didnot see him use it much..

marky

Post by marky » Fri Nov 11, 2005 2:12 pm

I saw RH in Boston a month ago (my mate was supporting him).. he was "awfy" good. Hadn't seen him in years prior to that...

claudek

Post by claudek » Fri Nov 11, 2005 2:22 pm

Mac G4 Quicksilver 1000GHz / Motu 828 /OSX 10.3.9
&
Mac Ibook G4 800GHz OSX 10.3.9 /Core Audio/M Audio Oxy 8
PC: ASUS 2.8 GHz P4 / XP

Live 5.02

markaugust

Post by markaugust » Fri Nov 11, 2005 2:29 pm

not sure if FS, but it is a timereadingvinyllaptopmp3 setup anywayz.... that I am sure of

suburbanbather

Post by suburbanbather » Fri Nov 11, 2005 3:25 pm

markaugust wrote:not sure if FS, but it is a timereadingvinyllaptopmp3 setup anywayz.... that I am sure of
He was probably just using it to keep his sound files organized. You know have whatever program running on one laptop for the actual performing and FS on the other for a file organizer. Have the two connected to each other, have some kind of app. that allows him to access the makeshift database thats powered by FS.

ikeaboy

Post by ikeaboy » Fri Nov 11, 2005 3:37 pm

the current issue of Remix has an article about being organized, written by Richie. He talks about using programs like Final Scratch, Live, Beatport.com, etc...., as databases for song files/material you would use during a set or in when you are in the studio. Anyone that knows how much material Richie uses would emediately understand the importance of having a separate machine dedicated to the organization of files. So there you have it, the he did not touch was probably hooked up to the one he was actually using for the very purpose I just described. The article is a little short but I'm shure its good enough to stir up some creative ideas in others that would benefit from something like this.
That makes sense, also it's nice to have a Plan B if your Live computer crashed

Benshik

Re: Richieeeeeeeeeeeeeee

Post by Benshik » Fri Nov 11, 2005 3:39 pm

markaugust wrote:he is sort of the madonna of techno....
Richie should be the "Bono" of techno. He could tour Africa. With the help of his music, the birth rates would drop dramatically as everyone turns into sexless zombies. Because of Richie, Africa would become prosperous again :)
Macbook 2.2ghz, OS 10.5.2, Focusrite Saffire, Microkontrol, Lemur

Nixon

Post by Nixon » Fri Nov 11, 2005 3:42 pm

no offence, but that's a little off in the wrong direction...
Last edited by Nixon on Fri Nov 11, 2005 4:48 pm, edited 1 time in total.

suburbanbather

Post by suburbanbather » Fri Nov 11, 2005 3:48 pm

Nixon wrote:no offence, but's that a little off in the wrong direction...
Yea!, but then again most musicians are a kinda strange in their own way.

Nixon

Post by Nixon » Fri Nov 11, 2005 3:50 pm

true, I agree, but that doesn't mean you can say anything...mayby I misunderstood. I was just trying to keep things chill for everybody... :wink:

musick

Post by musick » Fri Nov 11, 2005 3:55 pm

He was using SSL, you can see the spinning virtual decks at the PC screen and the control records on www.beatfreax.nl (registration needed)

netchaiev

Re: Richieeeeeeeeeeeeeee

Post by netchaiev » Fri Nov 11, 2005 3:59 pm

Benshik wrote:
markaugust wrote:he is sort of the madonna of techno....
Richie should be the "Bono" of techno. He could tour Africa. With the help of his music, the birth rates would drop dramatically as everyone turns into sexless zombies. Because of Richie, Africa would become prosperous again :)
Nice one!!! One could have said that RH will create another baby boom by making so many people dance and whatnots... Benshik went his usual ethnocentric way!!!!!! reminds me of another thread and your ethnic comments.. BRAVO!!!!
MBP 2011/i7/10.8/Live 8 Suite/M4L+Launchpad+TF+KorgNano.
http://soundcloud.com/netchaiev
http://www.vimeo.com/user408737