phatmatik pro latest update

Discuss music production with Ableton Live.
Johnisfaster

phatmatik pro latest update

Post by Johnisfaster » Mon Nov 14, 2005 7:16 am

I just bought phatmatik pro and updated to the latest version. I've heard rumors that it crashes now and then in live 5 which I haven't experiened yet but I wanted to see if anyone could back up that info for me. I'm thinking about using it live early next month which doesn't give me a whole lot of time to test it's stability. and I don't want to set up my whole show using phatmatik and then realise I don't want to use it live at all. any thoughts?
It was as if someone shook up a 6 foot can of blood soda and suddenly popped the top.

oldbetseysatan

Post by oldbetseysatan » Fri Nov 18, 2005 12:49 pm

(Sorry for the cross post. Just realised this was here... :? )

Heya Johnisfaster,

How stable are you finding Phatmatik Pro on your Mac?

I REALLY liked the demo but couldn't handle the 2 or 3 crashes per (short) session.

Is 1.2.3 more stable?

Cheers,

R.
A 'live' musician struggling with technology...

10.5.8, Pro Tools 8.0, Logic 9.0.2, Reason 3.05, Live 8.0.9.

Old Betsey Satan - The Flower Shop 8 Track. "She fought long and she fought hard..."

Machinate

Post by Machinate » Fri Nov 18, 2005 12:51 pm

oldbetseysatan wrote:How stable are you finding Phatmatik Pro on your Mac?
didn't he just write that he hadn't had any crashes yet?
mbp 2.66, osx 10.6.8, 8GB ram.

oldbetseysatan

Post by oldbetseysatan » Fri Nov 18, 2005 4:45 pm

Machinate wrote:
oldbetseysatan wrote:How stable are you finding Phatmatik Pro on your Mac?
didn't he just write that he hadn't had any crashes yet?
Hi Machinate,

Are you refering to this?

"I just bought phatmatik pro, it's my absolutely most favorite tool in ableton 5 now. using that and operator on everything! and I've got a shite load of plugs but those 2 just seem to show up everywhere. it's brilliant and simple and very low on cpu."

R.

Old Betsey Satan - The Flower Shop 8 Track. "She fought long and she fought hard..."

oldbetseysatan

Post by oldbetseysatan » Fri Nov 18, 2005 4:59 pm

RE: OSX/Phatmatik Demo
djadonis206 wrote:Full version more stable - nope
I get by, Live crashes from time to time with Glaresoft technology but thank goodness Live lets you restore you're session after it crashes
ad

P.S. I'm hoping to hear the 1.2.3 has alleviated this.

I would kindly appreciate leaving the answering of this to Johnisfaster thank you very much.

Unless of course you run 1.2.3 on a Mac?

Regards,

R.

djadonis206

Post by djadonis206 » Fri Nov 18, 2005 5:17 pm

Phatmatiks pretty tight IMO

However, I thought it was crashing Live but I think the problem child is Live 5.02

I like how it slices to a grid (in 16th, 8th) etc - I prefer to work with blocks instead of slices

It sounds really good - however, the filters sound pretty crappy IMO and the LFO's are so extreme you have to set the amount to like 2 or 3

I got reaktor 5, Kontakt and Dr. Rex so Phatmatik has fallen by the way side

I'd be willing to sell it for close to nothing I just don't know how to make that transaction via internet forum

late

A
Ableton | Elektron

Music

montrealbreaks

Post by montrealbreaks » Sat Nov 19, 2005 7:12 am

djadonis206 wrote:Phatmatiks pretty tight IMO

However, I thought it was crashing Live but I think the problem child is Live 5.02

I like how it slices to a grid (in 16th, 8th) etc - I prefer to work with blocks instead of slices

It sounds really good - however, the filters sound pretty crappy IMO and the LFO's are so extreme you have to set the amount to like 2 or 3

I got reaktor 5, Kontakt and Dr. Rex so Phatmatik has fallen by the way side

I'd be willing to sell it for close to nothing I just don't know how to make that transaction via internet forum

late

A
Transactions through the internet should be through either;
ebay.com
or
escrow.com

If you don't like the hassle of ebay (registration, feedback, etc) the Escrow is the way to go. Works like this;

1. buyer gives money to escrow who holds it securely
2. escrow informes seller that the money is good to go
3. seller ships item
4. buyer receives item
5. if within a pre-agreed time (usually 1-2 weeks) the money is sent to the seller - this ensures the buyer got a legit copy, it's working properly etc.

For selling software there's two steps you also have to remember;
contact the software company via email and let them know you sold the license and to whom. Then the buyer should register the software as per normal.

How much you want for Phatmatik? I'm cjust curious...

I have changed my username; Now posting as:

M. Bréqs

Johnisfaster

Post by Johnisfaster » Sat Nov 19, 2005 7:20 am

oh hey man i responded to the other thread you asked me on. but basically what I said is that 1.2.3 is working great. it's alot more stable. only problem is that once in a great while it gets a ringing tone for some reason that won't go away till the song is reopened or the plug reopened but it hasn't had any crashes or rendering issies. and the ring problem has only shown up I think 2 times in about 12 hours worth of use.
It was as if someone shook up a 6 foot can of blood soda and suddenly popped the top.

Johnisfaster

Post by Johnisfaster » Sat Nov 19, 2005 7:24 am

I'll top off my statement by saying it's the best 129 I've ever spent on software. oh yeah you can get the boxed version for 129 on musiciansfriend.com instead of the 149 on the companies site. but honostly I think drum slicing brings ableton to such a more extreme level and I haven't seen any slicer run with such low cpu as this so it's perfect. maybe an iddy bitty bit buggy but I've talked to the guys at the company and they are extremely responsive. really the reason I finally broke down and bought it is cause the help they gave me when I was using the demo(about a bug I had in the demo) was so fast that I decided they were a company worth investing in.