EMAGIC EMI 2|6 - levels are below peak on dj mixer / live pa

Discuss music production with Ableton Live.
chunc

EMAGIC EMI 2|6 - levels are below peak on dj mixer / live pa

Post by chunc » Mon Mar 17, 2003 8:08 am

hello,

i just bought an emi 2|6 and im trying to run the rca outs from outs 1+2 to my dj mixer.

the problem i get is that the volume that comes into it is really low. when i max out the gain on the mixer i still only get below yellow peak levels.

this is far quieter than my turntables, or than my rme mutlfiace which im trying not to use live due to how expensive it is and easy to steal.

so is the problem that rca is only -4db output? im really not happy about my purchase... how come it cant be really loud?
i <3 techno.

monolake

output levels

Post by monolake » Mon Mar 17, 2003 10:05 am

propably cant do anything against it.

the rme offers + 4dB studio evel and the emi -10dB consumer output.

facing the same problem i allways ask for a small mackie or behringer mixer. but if you want to go straight into the DJ mixer and it`s gain control does not boost the line signal well enough then you are out of luck.

eventually you could find some hordware freak who`s able to modify your emi to get higher output. but i assume this is going to be tricky since it is powered by the usb port.

robert / monolake

yuval

Post by yuval » Tue Mar 18, 2003 8:06 am

Hi - That's right. The emi is in my setup also, and I always use a pre-mixer to boost the outs. Other than that it's the coolest device to work with live.

chunc

Post by chunc » Wed Mar 19, 2003 7:24 am

thanks!

i was supposing id have to get a mixer... maybe i can get a simple 6 channel portable behringer. thanks!
i <3 techno.