So, when is Live 5 coming out?

Discuss music production with Ableton Live.
Catafix

So, when is Live 5 coming out?

Post by Catafix » Tue Nov 15, 2005 6:26 pm

Hey, there's this really cool program that I've been using, it's called Ableton Live 4. I think it's really dope, and I've been telling all my friends about it, and now that Ableton announced the next version, it's totally gonna crush all other DAWs! Check this out, this is what's gonna be in Live 5:
  • - Freeze - you can freeze VSTi-s and use frozen audio just like you would any other audio clips in Live, cnanging parameters, automation - neat or what??
    - Browse/merge sets - finally, you can fully merge two sets into one, just go to the browser and you can load any tracks from a particular set, and you get all the plugins, automation, arrangement, etc. - brilliant!
    - Arrangement - with all the new features, you can really expand your work in the arrangement window, it's gonna be convenient and fast, so Live is really becoming a superb production tool!
    - Rock-solid audio engine - Live is designed so that audio has top priority, and as long as you don't overload your CPU, you will never get pops/crackles/drop-outs.
    - Geared towards live performance - YES!!! - it will never unexpectedly crash or quit on you in the middle of your live set - lol!
See what I'm talking about? This thing is gonna be killer! And just to show you how cool this is, Ableton have already put up a demo on their site (it's called "Live 5.02", check it out!)... You only have to pay the upgrade price, and you can use this pre-release now, and what's more, it's already functional, and gives you a very good preview of what's in store. Man I'm really psyched!!!! Just can't wait to get my hands on the full version!

Do any of you guys know when it might be coming out?

ishimaru

Post by ishimaru » Tue Nov 15, 2005 6:30 pm

LMAO! Welcome to the board. :twisted:
Every situation(1) should be confronted with its opposite(2) to come to a better situation(3).

1 Thesis
2 Antithesis
3 Synthesis

- Hegel

markthedoc

Post by markthedoc » Tue Nov 15, 2005 6:32 pm

Are you on drugs?!

Moody

Post by Moody » Tue Nov 15, 2005 6:33 pm

I recieved my top secret prototype copy a few months ago. :lol:
Ableton’s engineers are hard
at work developing code that will allow our software to predict the future, but we don’t
anticipate having this available until at least the next major release.

telekom

Post by telekom » Tue Nov 15, 2005 6:35 pm

Funny. :) I can see your mother and I will have to have a little word about your attitude, young man.

Welcome to the forum... Looks like you won't be asking any newbie questions like "can you dj with live?"

Keep the humour coming...
:)
MacBook Pro Retina, Live 9.5, Reason, UC33, KRK RP5s, Teenage Engineering OP1, Korg ESX2, Korg Prophecy, Clavia Nord Lead, Bass, Guitars.
http://soundcloud.com/motorradkinophone

Obineg

Re: So, when is Live 5 coming out?

Post by Obineg » Tue Nov 15, 2005 6:41 pm

Catafix wrote:
  • - Freeze - you can freeze VSTi-s and use frozen audio just like you would any other audio clips in Live, cnanging parameters, automation - neat or what??
    - Browse/merge sets - finally, you can fully merge two sets into one, just go to the browser and you can load any tracks from a particular set, and you get all the plugins, automation, arrangement, etc. - brilliant!
    - Arrangement - with all the new features, you can really expand your work in the arrangement window, it's gonna be convenient and fast, so Live is really becoming a superb production tool!
    - Rock-solid audio engine - Live is designed so that audio has top priority, and as long as you don't overload your CPU, you will never get pops/crackles/drop-outs.
    - Geared towards live performance - YES!!! - it will never unexpectedly crash or quit on you in the middle of your live set - lol!
I think if all the above was true about the current version both the users and ableton would be very happy . . . lets hope it happens soon enough.

Anubis

Post by Anubis » Tue Nov 15, 2005 6:52 pm

I'm looking forward to it's release too. I heard Operator is gonna come free with it too!
9.0.4 Suite-Samsung Chronos 7 laptop(17")-12GB RAM-Samsung 840 series SSD(250GB)-iPad2-Maschine-TouchAble-SaffirePro24-Saffire6USB-Komplete Audio 6-Axiom25-PCR300-Nocturn-LaunchPad-QuNeo-QuNexus
miTunes

marky

Post by marky » Tue Nov 15, 2005 6:54 pm

I too will purchase the full version of Live 5 when it's ready .. I hear they are having issues with CPU performance at the moment which will get resolved in the full version... can't wait !! :D :D

Sales Dude McBoob

Post by Sales Dude McBoob » Tue Nov 15, 2005 7:48 pm

Impressive, young man. Have you ever considered a career in pro audio sales?

googoo

Re: So, when is Live 5 coming out?

Post by googoo » Tue Nov 15, 2005 7:57 pm

[quote="Catafix"]Hey, there's this really cool program that I've been using, it's called Ableton Live 4.

Number 4's out!!!???? Where have I been?

mocker

Post by mocker » Tue Nov 15, 2005 9:59 pm

Doesn't make me laugh at all. when I think of the time you spend writing this instead of making music... pfffff Please give us a break on "oh shit Live 5 isn't ready, all these bugs I HEARD about.. and all this crap. Live 5 working great here using it LIVE almost every night on a month tour, just stop using tons of crappy plugs and your life wil change.

kabuki

Post by kabuki » Tue Nov 15, 2005 10:20 pm

mocker wrote:Doesn't make me laugh at all. when I think of the time you spend writing this instead of making music... pfffff Please give us a break on "oh shit Live 5 isn't ready, all these bugs I HEARD about.. and all this crap. Live 5 working great here using it LIVE almost every night on a month tour, just stop using tons of crappy plugs and your life wil change.
I thought it was funny, and I don't have too many problems. When I think about all the time you spent opening Explorer, typing the URL, clicking on the mouse, reading the forum, and posting a complaint instead of making music... pfffff! I just farted! All the work you do gives me gas!

Go make music. My stomache hurts! :D :D :D :D :D :D
15" PB 2.5 Ghz, 4 Gig RAM, 750 GB HD, Live 9 still no cue points or program change messages?!?. Doesn't do shit.

mocker

Post by mocker » Wed Nov 16, 2005 5:59 pm

Hey man calm down, I wasn't talking to you, but, sorry I thought that was clear, to the author of the first post who wrote a long one complaining again (through a "joke") about how Live 5 would be unreliable etc. I'm just fed up that's all...

BTW I use Firefox and Safari (Mac user, nobody's perfect)...

kabuki

Post by kabuki » Wed Nov 16, 2005 7:52 pm

I was just kidding. No gas. Anymore.
15" PB 2.5 Ghz, 4 Gig RAM, 750 GB HD, Live 9 still no cue points or program change messages?!?. Doesn't do shit.

ethios4

Post by ethios4 » Wed Nov 16, 2005 9:23 pm

Dude, I'm still waiting on for Live 6 to get fixed before I can invest in Live 5!!
The new granular synth still isn't crossfading properly between grains, arrangement view's transport still needs work, and the surround output control makes clicking sounds.

The good news is that the automation curves work fantastic, and the virtual turntable is still amazing!