static noise on a Compaq Evo800c - Anybody Else ?

Discuss music production with Ableton Live.
smuggers

static noise on a Compaq Evo800c - Anybody Else ?

Post by smuggers » Mon Mar 17, 2003 1:32 pm

Hiya,

I recently purchased a brandnew Compaq Evo800C, and wanted to perform with it like on my Armada E500. However, the internal soundcard gives lots of static noise, and when I wanna use the two laptops together I get such a static noise in my sound that it is unable to perform.

So, I did some research and thought that external soundcards would give the solution. First choice was an Echo Indigo - so I purchased it and tried to use it. Same problem: static noise directly from the output. The strange thing is that when connecting my headphones to the output, it gives a clean signal, but connecting to whatever brand of mixer, it gives that static noise again.

I thought that it could be the PCMCIA slot that was giving noise again, so my second choice was an External Edirol UA1A or something. But once again, static noise.

I just purchased a $2500 laptop, and I'm not able to use it. Great. Does anybody else have this problem with laptops ? I'm even looking out for another solution in the form of a Shuttle box with a flatscreen ... but I would like to find out what goes wrong first.

-- S

jdg

Post by jdg » Mon Mar 17, 2003 9:20 pm

ground loop. .. but fix is easy..

enjoy an account of my woes with this problem here:

http://kvr-vst.com/forum/viewtopic.php? ... highlight=
www.google.com

best website ever