Coldcut Remix Contest

Discussion of music production, audio, equipment and any related topics, either with or without Ableton Live
Post Reply
amo
Posts: 1685
Joined: Sun Jun 20, 2004 10:30 am
Location: Paris/France
Contact:

Post by amo » Thu Jan 05, 2006 2:54 pm

2bad wrote:the deadline's 23.59 today right? *prays somebody says yes*
As one of the lazies, I'd like to know too... and what timezone ? are you very strict on that ? cause I threw some ideas but have to finish something when back from work... :oops:
Live 5.0.3 - IBM Thinkpad R51 1.5ghz Centrino - 1,5 Go RAM - 7200 RPM 2nd HDD intern - RME Multiface - Windows XP Pro SP2

brothersinhaze
Posts: 4
Joined: Wed Jan 04, 2006 8:36 pm
Location: USA
Contact:

Post by brothersinhaze » Thu Jan 05, 2006 3:50 pm

yup....today-is-last-day-mate..time_zone_unsure?
info:To enter the contest, please send an MP3 of no more than 10 MBs to coldcutremix@ableton.com, with your full name. One entry per contestant, and please send your entries in no later than January 5th, 2006. Prizes will be offered by Ninja Tune, M-Audio and Ableton.
G5*Q~8gzRAM_OSXTiger*10.4.3 Live5* Reason4* Logic*PRO7 OZone* Mackie DAW Interface* & Mackie firewire Onyx

goatstare
Posts: 2
Joined: Mon Jan 02, 2006 9:37 pm

Post by goatstare » Thu Jan 05, 2006 7:45 pm

8ghzram?? :?:

Miguex
Posts: 13
Joined: Fri Jan 06, 2006 1:16 am
Location: San Diego, CA
Contact:

Post by Miguex » Fri Jan 06, 2006 1:25 am

I made it! whoo hoo!
I think the remix idea was awesome, I downloaded the NIN before but I didn't have time to start working on a remix, plus it's not really my style, Coldcut's was more my thing, and I already heard some dnb mixes of this track by the chemist that where incredible I hope he is not participating on this contest :)

Anyways, good luck to you all!

PS: I'm size Large please. ;)

2bad
Posts: 125
Joined: Fri Apr 01, 2005 9:28 am

Post by 2bad » Fri Jan 06, 2006 3:06 pm

pffft! 8GIG of ram... thats obscene, you sick puppy

Miguex
Posts: 13
Joined: Fri Jan 06, 2006 1:16 am
Location: San Diego, CA
Contact:

Post by Miguex » Fri Jan 06, 2006 6:17 pm

ok, here is mine!

http://www.shikakufx.com/audiostream/mp3player.swf

I only used the voice track though.

thoughts?

webslave
Posts: 56
Joined: Wed Sep 07, 2005 7:07 am

And the winners are??

Post by webslave » Sun Jan 08, 2006 12:30 am

Any news as to when the entry get judged?

I'd be interested to know how many entries where submitted.

I'm betting I'm the only one to add a new live bass line to the track .

Stew

borg nagar
Posts: 51
Joined: Sat Apr 16, 2005 12:42 pm
Contact:

Post by borg nagar » Sun Jan 08, 2006 6:22 pm

Miguex wrote:thoughts?
Very nice Miguex. Only thing I don't like is that sometimes the vocals don't really go well into the rhythm, so I would've tried to alter their rhythm a bit in some points, particularly in the chorus. But sometimes they're very nice and "lazy".
webslave wrote:I'm betting I'm the only one to add a new live bass line to the track .
Nope. I didn't add anything else into mine, than bassdrum and bassline. Other sounds were from the original.

Also Miguex's version has a new bassline.

webslave
Posts: 56
Joined: Wed Sep 07, 2005 7:07 am

Post by webslave » Mon Jan 09, 2006 12:51 pm

webslave wrote:I'm betting I'm the only one to add a new live bass line to the track .
Nope. I didn't add anything else into mine, than bassdrum and bassline. Other sounds were from the original.

Also Miguex's version has a new bassline.[/quote]

I actualy meant a 'live' bass line - as in played on a bass guitar. I replaced all the backing, altered the arrangement, spliced the vocals and added some effects to parts of it. The aim was to funk it up, think it worked well. Let's wait for the judging.

Stew

Jesse
Posts: 265
Joined: Wed Jun 22, 2005 2:48 pm
Location: Philadelphia

Post by Jesse » Mon Jan 09, 2006 4:42 pm

Hi Everyone,
Thanks for your entries -- we have a bunch to sort through and send over to the guys at Ninja Tune, who will have their hands full sorting through a diverse, excellent set of remixes from all over the world. We're happy we don't have to do the judging over here!

Keep your eyes peeled here for the results of this contest, and for new contests soon. Expect to wait at least 3-4 weeks for judging, if not longer.

Thanks again for all your hard work,
Best,
Jesse

PharestOut
Posts: 1
Joined: Mon Jan 09, 2006 12:17 pm
Location: Germany

Post by PharestOut » Mon Jan 09, 2006 7:09 pm

Miguex wrote:
thoughts?

borg nagar wrote:

Very nice Miguex. Only thing I don't like is that sometimes the vocals don't really go well into the rhythm, so I would've tried to alter their rhythm a bit in some points, particularly in the chorus. But sometimes they're very nice and "lazy".

--> Hi Miguex! I liked the instrumentals but why didn´t you try to time the raps? Espacially in Live it's really easy to do so and to bring it into tune....;
Doesn't anybody own a webpage where everyone could upload his version? I don't but I think it's really interesting to listen to other peoples ideas...
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------

happy to end listening this vocals over and over and over.......

Miguex
Posts: 13
Joined: Fri Jan 06, 2006 1:16 am
Location: San Diego, CA
Contact:

Post by Miguex » Tue Jan 10, 2006 2:18 am

PharestOut wrote:Miguex wrote:
thoughts?

borg nagar wrote:

Very nice Miguex. Only thing I don't like is that sometimes the vocals don't really go well into the rhythm, so I would've tried to alter their rhythm a bit in some points, particularly in the chorus. But sometimes they're very nice and "lazy".

--> Hi Miguex! I liked the instrumentals but why didn´t you try to time the raps? Espacially in Live it's really easy to do so and to bring it into tune....;
Doesn't anybody own a webpage where everyone could upload his version? I don't but I think it's really interesting to listen to other peoples ideas...
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------

happy to end listening this vocals over and over and over.......

Thanks fo the imput everyone, I do believe I made the worst mistake, and for some reason I didn't noticed it, now I know my chances are not good, but I will still fix the timing on the vocals, thanks everyone for noticing!

:)

dongle doc
Posts: 7
Joined: Thu Aug 19, 2004 5:55 pm
Location: paris
Contact:

Post by dongle doc » Thu Jan 12, 2006 9:27 am

until the last judgement i post here my contribution because im on holiday..
hope it will works because i uploaded it with a 56k connection !!
http://orpheu.free.fr/orpheu.htm
:wink:

webslave
Posts: 56
Joined: Wed Sep 07, 2005 7:07 am

Post by webslave » Sat Jan 14, 2006 1:53 pm

dongle doc wrote:until the last judgement i post here my contribution because im on holiday..
hope it will works because i uploaded it with a 56k connection !!
http://orpheu.free.fr/orpheu.htm
:wink:
Like the last track posted here the vocals are out of time with the track. I've a feeling this wasnt a remix but trying to put an old track onto the vocals (some promising bits in the original track).

Webslave

noise
Posts: 86
Joined: Mon Jan 05, 2004 7:01 am
Location: ATL
Contact:

Post by noise » Mon Jan 16, 2006 5:48 am

...I *did* submit in time....but didn't realize the thread was sort of the "sounding board"!
I invite you to check out this one!

I had a lot of fun doing it, but was reluctant to even mess with it! It's a damn good tune to begin with! For this mix, I didn't even change the structure...love the oldskool rap feel and wanted to keep it in an 80's flavor...with a little extraAAA :twisted:

hope ya likes it!...

Post Reply