Fx feedback ?

Discuss music production with Ableton Live.
Hervé

Fx feedback ?

Post by Hervé » Wed Nov 16, 2005 5:51 pm

Lets say i have an audio clip with a delay with a long feedback (that is lasting longer than the clip lenght ). If i click on the next clip i cant hear the end of the delay :? Am i missing something ?

Thanks

vinkalmann

Post by vinkalmann » Wed Nov 16, 2005 6:18 pm

If you put the effect on a send, the feedback should keep going when the next clip is launched. You can hear this happening by sending the signal to the send, get the feedback going and then just stop the original clip. You will continue to hear the feedback until it fades out.

Hope this helps!

Vinkalmann
[Guide to Mixing in Arrangement View^][Guide to Warping in Ableton Live^]

clipperer

Post by clipperer » Thu Nov 17, 2005 12:16 pm

Machinate

Post by Machinate » Thu Nov 17, 2005 1:17 pm

maybe if you tried describing your setup in some more detail...

Is the delay recorded into the audio file? Or is it a plugin on the track? Because switching to another clip shouldn't be cuttting off your delay, that's not how it works really.

And I don't really think your post has got anything to do with clipperers thread.
mbp 2.66, osx 10.6.8, 8GB ram.

Hervé

Post by Hervé » Thu Nov 17, 2005 2:49 pm

Machinate wrote:
Is the delay recorded into the audio file? Or is it a plugin on the track? Because switching to another clip shouldn't be cuttting off your delay, that's not how it works really.
It's in live 4 , it's a plug ( Reaktor MFX), maybe my feedback time is to short...

vinkalmann

Post by vinkalmann » Thu Nov 17, 2005 6:45 pm

If you fire one clip and then another in the same audio channel it will stop whatever is already happening in first clip. If you don't want to use a send, putting the second clip in another audio channel will allow the feedback to continue when the second clip is fired.

Sorry if I'm misunderstanding your question...
[Guide to Mixing in Arrangement View^][Guide to Warping in Ableton Live^]