how to save as MP3

Discuss music production with Ableton Live.
stratusseeker

how to save as MP3

Post by stratusseeker » Sat Nov 19, 2005 8:31 pm

so, I've got a new live song, what's the quickest way to convert it to an mp3 so I can email to someone
?

currently I render to disk, drag into itunes, convert to mp3, search in library to find new converted file, drag file to desktop, open new message, drag mp3 into email message.

anyone know how to shorten this process?

(I'm on a mac)

Johnisfaster

Post by Johnisfaster » Sat Nov 19, 2005 8:45 pm

thats about it...

accept if you create a new playlist in itunes before you convert the file then you won't be spending much time searching for it.

also, the mp3 is created in USER/music/ITunes/ so if you can't seem to find it in your itunes library I would search there.
It was as if someone shook up a 6 foot can of blood soda and suddenly popped the top.

stratusseeker

Post by stratusseeker » Sat Nov 19, 2005 8:48 pm

thanks John for the quick reply. good tip on the play-list and where it's located those will help save some time.

I have never written a script or used automator, I was thinking that this might be a way to go as well. we'll see how much time I have over thanksgiving to devote to figuring this out!

Machinate

Post by Machinate » Sat Nov 19, 2005 9:20 pm

many free mp3converters will output the mp3 directly to your desktop. Pretty easy to find from there.
mbp 2.66, osx 10.6.8, 8GB ram.

FaX-01

Re: how to save as MP3

Post by FaX-01 » Sat Nov 19, 2005 11:06 pm

tyson wrote:so, I've got a new live song, what's the quickest way to convert it to an mp3 so I can email to someone
?

currently I render to disk, drag into itunes, convert to mp3, search in library to find new converted file, drag file to desktop, open new message, drag mp3 into email message.

(I'm on a mac)
Audacity - Freeware AudioEditor will save/convert files to either MP3 or OGG VORBIS format.
Set it up as you Audio editor in Live.
Render to Disk.
Drag and Drop Render into arranger View.
Click on the sample Clip properties and hit EDIT.
This will automaticly open Audacity.
Convert to MP3 or Ogg .
Save to a specified Folder containing MP3 files.
Possible a more elegant solution for you.
My aren't the wings of butterflies beautiful and do they not make wonderful perturbations.....

stratusseeker

Post by stratusseeker » Sat Nov 19, 2005 11:43 pm

gettin' better, thanks fax!

had previous trouble setting up an audio editor, and then forgot about that feature. Will try again with L5 and see how that goes.

dallas!

Re: how to save as MP3

Post by dallas! » Mon Nov 21, 2005 6:14 pm

tyson wrote:so, I've got a new live song, what's the quickest way to convert it to an mp3 so I can email to someone
?

(I'm on a mac)
Should be able to get Lame/Razor Lame which is a great little encoder/decoder. My is set up to save files to a specific location, I then loads tunes into a folder, open the folder in Razor Lame, select the bitrate and hit go...it doesn't matter if its one or many files....same process...so you can run a batch and just leave it running till it's done.

I find it a god send for converting wav's and MP3 so Final Scratch can read them correctly.

dallas!