anybody having problems their mouse and live

Discuss music production with Ableton Live.
nuperspective
Location: was: accrington [england]. now: melbourne [australia]

anybody having problems their mouse and live

Post by nuperspective » Sun Nov 20, 2005 12:16 am

i'm not jumping on ableton here so dont shoot me.

over the last four months i've bought four different mice for use with live. but they lose accuracy, stick and need a violent shake now and again to make it move. if you what to do something quickly you have to be really carefull. i've tried optical and gone back to a trackball, but there all usb.

has anyone suffered the same thing. i have a lot of usb gear so it could be a clash of drivers.

i did have trouble with crackles when selecting drop down menus and alex from ableton told me to set for best performance and the problem was solved. so its not always ableton.

anybody got any suggestions?

supster

Post by supster » Sun Nov 20, 2005 12:53 am

no suggestions, but i feel your pain:

my mousewheel not working is one of any number of things that just quit functioning randomly or are sticky or just not working in this program

the only thing to do is make sure as you can its not your gear, your setup, or your methods and then take the time out to write a detailed explanation to support@ableton.com

i dont even report half the things because either someone already has, or its not going to be addressed probably till the next version, or honestly i am too involved in making music to keep after these things all the time

its annoying as f*ck but .. yeah i need to make a list and send it off to them.
--
NEW SPECS: Athlon 4200+ dual; A8N-SLI m/b; Win XP Home SP2; 1 GB RAM; 2x 7200 RPM HDD: 1 internal, 1 Firewire 800 (Firewire is project data drive); M-Audio Triggerfinger

josh 'vonster' von; tracks and sets
http://www.joshvon.com

Johnisfaster

Post by Johnisfaster » Sun Nov 20, 2005 1:24 am

only had a couple of problems, but yes I've had them. happens alot if I get the cpu usage pretty high.
It was as if someone shook up a 6 foot can of blood soda and suddenly popped the top.

Liam

Post by Liam » Sun Nov 20, 2005 1:49 am

Get an optical mouse

difference

Post by difference » Sun Nov 20, 2005 7:41 pm

get a ps2 mouse