Alesis Photon X25 Settings in Live

Discuss music production with Ableton Live.
Peterdelve

Alesis Photon X25 Settings in Live

Post by Peterdelve » Sun Nov 20, 2005 9:19 pm

I am interested in other X25 users to find out how they are using there X25 for live. I have found the templates/presets are useless I can't get them to work properly in Live and there don't fully work in Reason (v3) either.

So would like to hear how other people have set up there Photons thanks.

Pete

DJLethalRush

Post by DJLethalRush » Sun Nov 20, 2005 9:29 pm

me too. I just picked up the PhotonX25 yesterday. I bought it mainly for the AXYZ dome, but am not too excited by its extreme limited range and finnicky behaviour.

anyway.

Yeah any suggestions for setups?

Robotron

Post by Robotron » Wed Nov 23, 2005 2:41 am

Yeah, the presets are all garbage, except for when using the midi instruments they give you on the cd.
I can't figure out how to assign parameters to reason 3, I just use what it gives me (which is limited).
Anyway, in live, which is easy as hell to assign buttons and shiet, I like to control the track panning with the infinite nobs, and sometimes various wet/dry settings for delay and reverb.
But he aXYZ jambone is fcking amazing. So far my favorite has been to control the filter and resonance on the simpler, but as far as wild ass shiet I would recommend hooking it up to the transpose and modulation amount, and any effect. The key is the resampling feature, cause you can make some wild sounding shit and then use it as an instrument. Also, hooking one axyz parameter to the time stretch in the impulse can be really fun.
Now what i'm interested in about this thing is the left handed infra-red techniques--so far I've found that approach direction as well as hand shape play a huge role in how the effects are applied. Also, I have found that holding the hand flat with the thumb sticking out over the thing works most precisely.
The control is sensitive, but then, that's just a challenge for us to overcome.

polyslax

Post by polyslax » Wed Nov 23, 2005 1:25 pm

DJLethalRush wrote:me too. I just picked up the PhotonX25 yesterday. I bought it mainly for the AXYZ dome, but am not too excited by its extreme limited range and finnicky behaviour.

anyway.

Yeah any suggestions for setups?
Can you expand on your problems a bit. I'm getting set to pick up an X49, but your comments about the controller being finicky have me wondering.
Image Image