anyone using live with the Delta 410 card...

Discuss music production with Ableton Live.
slickie

anyone using live with the Delta 410 card...

Post by slickie » Thu Mar 20, 2003 1:40 am

are you routing the individual tracks to a hardware mixer. This is my interest and I just want to see if anyone using this method if they like the combo of live and the 410

DJADD

Yup, it does it's job....

Post by DJADD » Thu Mar 20, 2003 2:20 am

Although I'm not currently using the card as you plan to, I plan on making a change after adding perhaps another card or two, since you can chain them. I currently use two RCA-out for mains to my external mixer, and two out for previews. The two ins on the card allow me to bring in audio from the sends out of my external mixer, although again it will be better to work with more cards to enable stereo input, since my sends on my external mixer are mono.

For the price, I've found this to be a very nice card, and have used it in my custom music-only box for a number of months now.

FYI... Make sure though that you read up on compatability issues with VIA chipsets, there is info at www.m-audio.com

amwintx

I am using a Delta card

Post by amwintx » Thu Mar 20, 2003 4:21 pm

Hello,

I am using a Delta TDIF card and I am routing individual outputs (digitally, not via analog) out of Live to channels on my Tascam DM-24 mixer. I love being able to process things externally using tube/analog gear and I honestly believe that the sound is improved by doing some bus summing externally instead of all in Live. It works extremely well.

Good luck.